Head of Brand
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building a global brand customers love.
We are looking for a strategic, creative and results-driven marketer to lead our Brand team, with responsibility for brand strategy, brand advertising, creative design, web experience and corporate communications. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Head of Brand Marketing will drive the development of DigitalOcean's global brand strategy and vision, oversee brand media and communications programs and measure overall brand performance. Critical to this role will be the capacity to develop visionary and compelling marketing programs to drive awareness, differentiation, loyalty, and preference in the market.
The reward? You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated marketing, product, and creative professionals to bring the DigitalOcean brand to life and establish a global brand presence. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Development and execution of an annual brand and communications marketing plan to solidify DigitalOcean’s brand in the market
- Own strategic planning, operations, financials, and marketing strategy of all brand and communications related marketing programs
- Design, conduct, and analyze customer research and brand health tracking and; partner with the demand and analytics teams to define and track brand campaign performance metrics to ensure effectiveness and impact
- Partner with the product and UX teams to ensure brand promise, positioning and identity are consistent from first marketing touch through to loyal platform adoption
- Develop holistic brand campaigns to market new solutions, products and functionality that advance DigitalOcean’s value proposition to prospects and customers
- Own the annual brand media plan
- Manage relationships and effectively interact with a range of stakeholders and senior executives, to ensure external communication plans are aligned with business needs and priorities
- Develop a deep understanding of the market and become the chief brand advocate internally and externally
- Establishing the brand guidelines and socializing with internal stakeholders to ensure consistency
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Enthusiasm for building and managing highly talented marketing teams to support the brand vision
- Strategic thinking and deep experience in building lasting brands customers love
- Demonstrated record of delivering effective brand and marketing strategies resulting in increased awareness, preference, conversion, and loyalty
- Proven ability to identify the metrics to measure brand, drive success, measure KPI's, socialize learnings, and drive initiatives to completion
- Superior analytical, written and communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to all levels within an organization
- Strong customer-centric focus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.