Head, Communications at Vise
Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round. Come join us!
As the Head of Communications, you will be responsible for building and executing Vise’s corporate communications strategy. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to find and tell compelling stories across a range of channels including earned and owned media. You will be a senior member of the team and report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.What you will own:
- Build and execute Vise’s corporation communications and editorial strategy.
- Cultivate and manage deep relationships with key journalists and media outlets.
- Manage all inbound media requests and inquiries.
- Work closely with other teams and leadership to find and tell compelling stories about Vise or emerging trends in the industry.
- Write and edit content including press releases, thought leadership, speeches and presentations.
What you bring on day one:
- 10+ years public relations or communications experience working in an agency or in-house communications.
- Proven track-record of building and executing integrated communications campaigns.
- Strong network of relationships at financial, technology and business media outlets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in issues management and crisis management.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment.
- Passion for financial services and Vise’s mission of creating financial freedom for everyone.
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.