Haven Life is an insurtech innovator, backed and wholly owned by MassMutual that creatively uses technology to advance the life insurance industry and better serve the modern customer.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that’s truly unique.
Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don’t take themselves too seriously. We’re headquartered in New York’s Flatiron District, with a second office in downtown Boston, and in case you’re wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you’re creative, professional and kind, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Head of Communications role is a unique opportunity to lead the external communications strategy for Haven Life as we head into an exciting new point in our organization’s life cycle. We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial nature who is energized by crafting unique, compelling stories in a deeply technical industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and lead a unified 360 comms strategy that supports the Haven Life brand, mission and identity with our customers, our parent company (MassMutual), the insurance industry, as well as our employees and recruiting prospects.
- Develop and execute creative and powerful earned media strategies that elevate our brand and position our products and technologies as leaders in the marketplace
- Develop KPIs to effectively measure the impact of PR programs
- Lead the creation of high-quality media materials, including press releases, pitches, bylines, briefing notes and media follow up.
- Collaborate across teams and internal stakeholders to mine unique, relevant story ideas and bring them to life through earned media coverage.
- Support on messaging needs, presentation development and speaker training for employees who are representing our organization externally.
- Identify and secure thought leadership opportunities across the organization, including bylines, speaking and executive personal branding opportunities
- Proactively plan, develop and create consistent materials for recruiting including social media (GlassDoor, LinkedIn, Blog, etc.).
- Develop and maintain a library of content that can be shared with recruiting candidates including: podcasts, tech blog (medium, careers page),virtual office tour, event write-ups, “what’s new at Haven” blog, etc.
- Partner closely with the brand team to develop cohesive corporate and brand messaging across all Haven Life initiatives
- Partner closely with internal communications to ensure consistency of brand and positioning for both internal and external audiences
- At least 7+ years of experience in communications roles, both in-house or at a PR agency
- Superior writing, proofreading and editing abilities
- Excellent communicator and collaborator who energizes teammates and serves as a brand ambassador
- Intellectually curious -- constantly seeking to understand and internalize various subject areas of a deeply technical business model
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience
- While we’re all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future required
NICE TO HAVES
- Entrepreneurial and results-driven, looking to tie PR programs to measurable business results
- Experience crafting communications programs in tech, financial services or fintech, strongly preferred.
- Startup or emerging company experience in building out a new communications program and team.
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.