Head of Community Engagement
Greater NYC Area
Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By increasing situational awareness and transparency, we hope communities will become safer than ever before.
Since our launch, 3% of New Yorkers use our app every month, and that growth is accelerating. We launched San Francisco last fall, and over 1% has already joined the Citizen safety network. We send over 4 million nearby crime notifications each month, alerting our users to emergencies and dangerous situations near them. Citizen broke both recent NYC terror incidents to people nearby, keeping thousands in the vicinity safer and informed in real-time. Citizen has been featured on local NYC news over 100 times in the past 3 months. Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital and Founder’s Fund.
The Citizen team is growing and building our community engagement team. We’re looking for passionate, hardworking, and mission driven people to help take us to the next level and launch multiple cities in 2018.
Our New York City office is the center of our operation, and the hub of all community strategy and engagement. As the first member of Citizen’s community engagement team, you will play a key role in developing our community strategy and define how we engage with the community at a hyper-local level. Your role is all about growth -- building a self-sustaining local network of engaged users who will use Citizen and spread the word. Your work will directly help make people more safe and aware.
- Identify, document and establish relationships with key local stakeholders
- Facilitate two-way communication between Citizen and the local ecosystem (e.g. community members, city officials, law enforcement and local organizations)
- Gather and synthesize feedback from the various stakeholders in the community Develop education and ambassador programs to drive awareness, engagement and make an impact
- Participate and monitor online communities, including local Facebook and focus groups
- Attend, host and/or sponsor town hall meetings, meetups and other events to engage local communities
- Identify and participate in PR opportunities to articulate Citizen’s mission and role in the community
- Support the operations team in advance of new city launches
- Collaborating with a variety of local organizations and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience creating, launching and executing grassroots campaigns
- Proven track record of creating impact in local communities
- Experience communicating effectively across mediums with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to set, manage and analyze a range of KPIs to measure performance and inform strategic decisions
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Read Full Job Description