Head of Content Marketing
What you'll do:
- Develop thoughtful and engaging content that positions Skillshare as a thought-leader among creatives and is optimized for search and user experience across all channels, touch points, and devices
- Work with Content, Community, and Product teams to develop and maintain go-to market and distribution plans for Originals and Top Teacher content
- Maintain editorial governance to ensure consistency across the organization and beyond
- Ensure steady yearlong, multi-channel publishing cadence that drives acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Collapse content to have saliency across social and owned brand channels, with a focus on driving consumption and shareability
- Develop and drive content marketing KPIs and ongoing optimizations that drive growth
- Engage our target market via contextually relevant content integrations
- Conduct periodic competitive audits and stay up-to-date on best practices in organic content marketing, including SEO, social media, and other channels
- Create and deliver executive presentations on content marketing programs that articulate the business goal behind each piece of content or campaign and results
- Build and lead a team optimized for speed and impact, with a strong focus on cross-functional collaboration and transparency
Why we're excited about you:
- You have a proven track record setting and driving cross-functional content strategies across multiple formats
- You have exceptional editorial skills and a deep understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives, guide contributors, and keep creative work streams on track
- You are fluent in content categorization, distribution, and measurement and are skilled at using information hierarchy, imagery, and design to clearly communicate a message
- You love designing and using performance metrics to make decisions
- You collaborate well and love building and developing high performing teams in a fast-paced environment
- You have effectively leveraged third-party sites, skill learning platforms, communities, etc. to engage audiences
- You welcome feedback and are accustomed to speed
- You possess a journalistic eye and process to evaluate what makes a story a story
- You’re excited by growth stage environments, passionate about wrestling things to the ground, and not happy waiting for someone to tell you exactly what to do
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll be leading the charge on building a world-class content organization and driving the next phase of growth for Skillshare.
- Growth: You’ll get to build and grow a team and work with them to develop a distinct and compelling voice that will be shared with millions across the globe.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.