Head of Customer Acquisition and Growth
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about building a global brand customers love.
We are looking for an experienced customer growth and acquisition professional to lead our Acquisition team with responsibility for overall advertising strategy, product marketing, customer incentive programs and partner programs. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will define and execute the marketing acquisition strategy across all paid acquisition and customer referral channels. You will be responsible for go-to-market planning, messaging and positioning of new products as we expand our addressable market. In this role, you will oversee the management of the technology stack for advertising and supporting software to ensure accurate data collection and reporting. You will be responsible for the annual paid media plan and establishing and maintaining agency relationships. You will consistently seek out new profitable channels to target, reach and acquire customers in innovative ways. You will work cross functionally with other teams and senior leaders within Product, Customer Success, UX, Engineering and Marketing.
The reward? You will get to work with a team of high-energy and dedicated marketing, product, and creative professionals. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Developing holistic go-to-market strategies and seek new acquisition channels and partnerships to target, reach and acquire new customers
- Own strategy and development of global product positioning, messaging and related content for DigitalOcean
- Connect market and customer data to draw insights to effectively market our growing portfolio of products
- Own strategic planning, operations, financials, and strategy for your departments
- Oversee and manage the complete customer funnel of customer engagement
- Builds customer incentive programs for customers to meet the needs of new markets
- Plan and execute multi-channel campaigns to drive awareness and acquisition
- Oversee the development of our Hatch incubator Startup program
- Partner with regional Marketing leads to develop and manage localized customer acquisition strategies
- Manage relationships and effectively interact with a range of stakeholders and senior executives, to ensure external communication plans are aligned with business needs and priorities
- Develop and manage a world class team of marketers across multiple offices
- Own reporting for all paid media cross departmental funnel optimization efforts
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Enthusiasm for building and managing highly talented marketing teams
- Strategic thinking and deep experience in developing growth strategies
- Demonstrated record of delivering effective customer acquisition strategies resulting in increased awareness, preference, conversion, and loyalty
- Experience building product marketing teams and strategies in high-growth companies
- Proven ability to identify the metrics to measure channels, drive success, establish KPI's, socialize learnings, and drive initiatives to completion
- Superior analytical, written and communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to all levels within an organization
- Strong customer-centric focus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.