About Harry’s Inc.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, we’ve expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo. Now, Harry’s vision is to build a next-generation CPG company by investing in and building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
We’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands, online, and in stores around the world.
The Harry’s NA Team is responsible for the growth and success of the Harry’s brand and for realizing the brand vision to become a truly omnichannel men’s care brand. We are building the flagship CPG 2.0 brand that disrupts the personal care category to create a better experience for customers. We are responsible for Harry's P&L in NA, developing commercial and innovation roadmaps, building a disruptive brand that’s shaping culture, and a financial plan with clear KPIs across the business. You will be a key leader of the Harry’s US leadership team and will report directly to Harry's NA General Manager.
About the Role
Harry’s is looking for a seasoned director to lead Performance Marketing and Amazon business for Harry's brand in NA. This is a high impact role where you will set a vision and roadmap for all channels to take Harry’s paid marketing to the next level. You would own the end-to-end strategy, execution, and experimentation of H’ marketing campaigns that are truly omni-channel, spanning from acquisition to our flagship DTC website, to driving growth in retail through advertising. You will be responsible for building, accelerating and scaling H’ performance marketing to ensure it scales our impact and provides a competitive advantage. In this role, you would lead the expansion of the H’ business at Amazon, defining and executing a 3 years plan to gain asymmetric ecommerce share through key growth strategies, including selection, performance marketing, operations, customer experience, pricing and promos, and ecommerce fundamentals.
As part of the leadership team, you will help drive our performance culture, directly managing and inspiring A+ talent on our in-house Acquisition, Growth, and Amazon teams, and guiding external partners in creating effective and impactful work. You will work closely with leaders across Marketing, Creative, Engineering, Analytics, Research, Retail and external agencies fostering a collaborative work environment.
This is a full-time position based in NYC with flexibility to work remote in 2021.
What you will accomplish:
Omni-channel Performance Marketing
- Develop the strategy, execution and experimentation to scale Harry’s omni-channel paid marketing efforts across all channels.
- Lead the Harry’s growth marketing team to plan, execute, optimize, and scale DR campaigns.
- Own budgeting and forecasting for DTC acquisition and Amazon, and work in partnership with the GM on overall brand forecasting, business strategy planning and budgeting.
- Determine success metrics (existing and new) and performance reporting across all forms of performance paid media; set CPA:LTV targets, define omni-channel attribution methodology, and build custom models to ensure decisions lead to desired omni-channel ROI and brand health in the long run.
- Drive efficiencies through automation of reporting and manual workflows on the media side; take ownership over redesigning processes and cross-functional ways of working.
- Advise on (and/or pressure-test an external partner’s) recommended media strategy and detailed plan for brand campaigns, ensuring we’re getting the best rates and leveraging the right channel-specific tactics to maximize impact.
- Lead creative development for all DR media, including translation of insights into testable hypotheses, leading ideation sessions, driving prioritization, overseeing sprint cycles, helping manage dedicated creative resources, identifying new external partners; offer expert input and media-driven insights to brand campaign creative development.
- Serve as the key senior point of contact for external agencies and media companies, stepping in to handle difficult conversations, negotiating to get the most out of our investment, and nurturing long-term relationships.
- Foster a network of connections at peer companies to stay abreast of trends; compile industry research, competitive landscape information, explore new tools and systems, and decide which will pay off for Harry’s.
- Own the incipient and fast-growing Amazon P&L for Harry’s in the US.
- Set a compelling strategy to scale the AMZ business for Harry’s through key strategic pillars such as selection, advertising, operations, customer experience, and price/promo.
- Lead the Harry’s relationship with Amazon, serving as the key senior point of contact for terms negotiations, strategic planning, and engagements.
- Define and build the right capabilities and team that help us scale the business and gain asymmetric share in a way that is accretive and gives us a competitive advantage.
- Own the sales forecast & roadmap for scaling Harry’s business on Amazon across time.
- Set efficiency targets, build budgets, and manage/oversee all paid advertising.
- Own measurement of the interaction between Harry’s DTC business and ecommerce presence, and help navigate sales channel conflicts by working closely with XF peers to ensure the best possible outcomes for our customers and the overall business.
- Owning Programs for improving LTV of our existing customers by fostering loyalty/retention and increasing cross-sell.
Build a Performance Marketing function that scales with our business
- Establish a compelling and inspiring vision to become the most effective performance driven CPG brand in the US.
- Determine and build the capabilities needed to scale Performance Marketing meaningfully across our omni channel presence including DTC, Amazon, and Retail.
- Build, lead and develop A+ performance marketing talent that unlocks the next chapter of growth for Harry’s in the US.
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships to deliver common business metrics with key commercial functions (Marketing, DTC Product & Email, Insights, Comms), and collaborate across functions (Retail, Engineering, Analytics, etc) to inspire them behind your vision.
This might describe you:
- +10 years of experience leading Performance Marketing and ecommerce growth (i.e. managing Amazon or similar) at a high-growth DTC / ecommerce brand or omni-channel brand.
- Experience managing a team of managers and direct reports with a track record of growing, coaching and developing talent and capabilities.
- Extensive experience setting goals, managing a budget, building forecasts, and delivering against monthly spend, CPA, LTV, and ROI targets across all forms of marketing.
- Experience in understanding omni-channel businesses and customer journeys across B&M and DTC.
- Deep hands-on experience managing at least half of the following channels for both direct response and brand objectives: Display, Affiliate, Facebook, Search, TV / Streaming, Radio, Podcast, Direct Mail, Inserts.
- Experience managing AMS and campaigns designed to efficiently drive Amazon sales.
- Proven track of developing marketing campaigns for customer lifecycle, subscription, membership and retention.
- Effective collaborator with cross-functional partners, especially creatives, brand managers, product managers, and data analysts.
- Enterprising “doer,” with an ownership mentality and a bias towards action, constantly hustling and taking initiative to drive improvements yourself.
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who is able to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Strategic, can “think the business” and get inside the mind of the customer, translating quantitative and qualitative data and insights into intelligent marketing strategies.
- Always seeking to learn, re-learn, and improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.