Head of Product Marketing at Oden Technologies
We are on the brink of the next industrial revolution.
Manufacturing has long been an analog world, but this is about to change. By introducing machines to the digital world, there’s a staggering opportunity for efficiency and production leaps. Oden is driving this revolution. We’re on a mission to eliminate waste in manufacturing.
We have combined industrial hardware, wireless connectivity, and big data architecture into one simple platform so all manufacturers can analyze and optimize their production, from any device. Efficiency, sustainability, and competitiveness are democratized.
Why We Do It:
We like to enable those who make things - to make more, to waste less, to serve their customers, and to thrive in a competitive world. Help enough makers, and the world can give us all the abundance we want for less cost and environmental impact. We’re on the verge of a 4th industrial revolution that begs for absolute efficiency in all factors of life. We plan to deliver that to everyone who makes things. Check out some of our team members discussing life at Oden: Oden's Culture of Empowerment and Impact
- Care about the mission of the product and company
- Are able to empathize with others and distill a mission into communications and strategic campaigns.
- Have a curious mind and excited about learning more about the industrial world and manufacturing.
- Innovative. You are not afraid to tackle new projects and take creative risks.
- Live by transparent and scientific thinking. You put in the work to find the best ideas with those around you, without ego.
As Head of Product Marketing at Oden, you will be responsible for telling the IIoT manufacturing world the story of Oden and its products as well as managing a small marketing team. You will have a good understanding of the entire marketing mix, with a focus on product marketing and sales enablement. You will lead and inspire the team of content marketers, growth marketers and communication specialists.
You will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for Oden and our new features. You are at the center of our entire organization, constantly interacting with teammates and prospects.
Together with the marketing and product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders about our product features and their benefits, create product content (e.g. sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts,) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Own and develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products against other competitors to be used across multiple marketing and sales touchpoints to the technology and manufacturing markets
- Team management lead and mentor the marketing team to bring Oden’s platform to market and ensure short-term and long-term strategic efforts to align with business goals
- Product launch strategy and the development and execution of Oden’s marketing channels, including sales collateral, blog posts, case studies, webinars, whitepapers, presentations at industry conferences, and more.
- Become an expert on our product, market positioning sales process, current customers, target accounts & existing content to map out the competitive landscape, assist in market segmentation and opportunity sizing, and responsible for identifying areas of opportunities
- Create sales and customer success enablement materials that communicate and train value propositions to customer-facing teams on the value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools (e.g., slide decks, one-pagers, etc.) that facilitate sales efforts
- Build strong working relationships with key internal groups, including sales, customer success, and product teams and develop a framework and process to facilitate a feedback loop between product, sales & marketing
- Develop and execute go-to-market launch strategies and value propositions for new Oden’s products, including cross-functional marketing plans and support product releases through content creation and coordination with Product and Customer Success teams.
- Foster usage of new and existing products by driving awareness and understanding of product capabilities with both existing and new customers
- Establish proper KPIs to track adoption and awareness of new products and features and develop a plan to continually drive adoption and usage
- 7+ years of product marketing experience, B2B SaaS experience preferred
- 2+ years of team and people management experience
- Past experience in digital marketing, content creation, technical writing, and/or product management a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex information into compelling messaging briefs, marketing collateral and sales enablement content
- You enjoy working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity and have an inherent ability to remain calm and focused under pressure and when dealing with competing priorities.
- Strong project management skills and organizational skills to manage multiple projects
- Experience launching products and managing the full go-to-market strategy – from tracking effectiveness and using results to make data-informed decisions to product positioning and competitive analysis
- Proficiency in content management systems experience with Hubspot preferred as you will be building product pages, optimizing the conversion paths on those pages, and using dynamic calls-to-action to create and test buyer stage-specific calls-to-action.
- Ability to thrive in the fast-paced, high-growth environment of a startup. Previous experience bringing a product that is first or new to market is a plus.
What We Offer You:
- Measurable impact on the world and the chance to help real people - family businesses, entrepreneurs, engineers.
- Exposure to many tech disciplines, most of which are rapidly evolving.
- A bridge between the physical and cloud worlds of tech. Our platform unites big data visualizations with sensors and heavy industrial equipment.r
- A platform that has the potential to evolve beyond what we have envisioned now.
- Scientific and transparent thinking, for everyone involved.
- Backing by world leaders of both industry and tech that will ensure long term growth and development for us.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Diversity at Oden means building a team that is rich across all boundaries of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age and thinking style. We welcome all backgrounds, life experiences, and worldviews as this is the catalyst for the rapid evolution of our product and our organization. Diversity allows us to tackle new challenges, embrace change, make well-informed decisions, and ultimately Make Things Better. In alignment with our “People First” company value, Oden has a passionate internal team dedicated to the promotion of diversity and inclusion initiatives as a core component of our culture.
Our diversity initiatives apply to our practices and policies on recruiting, compensation and benefits; professional development; promotions; social activities and the ongoing development of a psychologically safe work environment.