Head of Product Marketing at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power and collective wisdom of teachers. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 4.5 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. Our Marketplace and other products provide the support teachers need to engage their students and drive student outcomes. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Three out of four teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We are driven and passionate about our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
In this role, we’re looking for a great leader who can head up our growing Product Marketing function at TpT.
Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT) is looking for a passionate, experienced Head of Product Marketing to lead our team. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Product Marketing will be responsible for leading our product marketing (PMM) function – first by developing a strategic and structured point of view of how to build a best in class PMM function that drives audience-centric thinking. Your mandate will be to deliver exceptional product experiences and go to market strategies that drive awareness and adoption of the TpT product offering to help empower educators to teach at their best.
Additionally, you'll help define and establish best practices for product marketing at TpT. You’ll be a strategic consultant, player-coach, marketing visionary, and team leader. You’ll work with product management, engineering, community, marketplace integrity, customer experience, sales and more. You will improve the way we bring products to market at TpT.
- Manage a team of Product Marketing Managers and help grow the function
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Design, Sales, UX, and Marketing & Communications to establish PMM best practices
- Develop GTM launch templates for both buyer and seller launches
- Ensure that each product team is supported with a successful GTM strategy
- Oversee development of value propositions, product positioning, and feature naming
- Ensure marketing program strategy and tactics support our brand and business goals
- Craft thoughtful communication plans for internal and external partners
- Manage cross-functional implementation of product marketing plans
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
- Proven expertise and leadership in Product Marketing
- Ability to set process, coach others, and build relationships across teams
- Demonstrated success in crafting compelling value propositions
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs that drive growth
- Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving environment
- Believes in our mission to empower educators
- BA/BS in business or marketing/communications preferred
- 8+ years of product marketing experience
- 4+ years of managing a team of Product Marketing Managers
- Has built a PMM function
- Experience in education or at an e-commerce company
- Worked as a product marketer at both a large company and small startup
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.