Head of Product Marketing at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
As Head of Product Marketing at Simon Data, you will not only shape and own our global positioning, you will also be the storyteller that brings it to life. We are looking for a potter: someone who can take raw ideas and adjust bit by bit until they arrive at a frictionless, elegant articulation of what we do. You know how to take product vision, listen to the needs of clients and prospects, and sculpt a story into something the marketplace both understands and wants.
Your ability to tell the best version of Simon’s story will require deep competitive intelligence, 360 degree understanding of our key personas, working with our partnerships team to understand and articulate our joint-value and position in the marketplace, staying close to the product team, and leading regular Go-to-Market syncs with the broader GTM team, including Sales, CS, marketing, and product managers.
This opportunity is right for you if you don’t settle on the first idea (at least until you know it’s also the best one) and don’t rely on your gut alone for validation. If you’re passionate about marketing technology and want the opportunity to be part of a growing team with a lot to accomplish and the freedom to do so, we’d love to have you!
Your success in this role will be highly visible to the greater organization and will have a direct impact on Simon’s growth.What You’ll Do
- Accelerate our go-to-market efforts to drive continued growth through messaging, positioning, and competitive intelligence
- Define differentiated positioning and value propositions for both the Simon Data Platform and the end to end Smart Engagement Hub
- Support category-creation vision to position Simon with industry analysts while driving mind-share
- Support the partnerships team in building collateral and process that supports our joint-value story
- Lead, coordinate, and work with marketing, product management, customer success, enablement, and sales teams to execute product launches that highlight new innovations and drive demand.
- Understand competitive landscape and provide intel on products, customers, buying triggers and influencers
- Support feedback loop to Product team through industry and competitive insights. Drive roadmap improvements - establish the competitive intel focus and be the “go to” expert on how to crush the competition and how to win
- Evangelism of Simon Data - represent the company at key industry events, in webinars and interviews in particular with key influencer audiences i.e. Analysts, customers, prospects
- 6+ years of professional work experience, preferably in enterprise marketing technology
- Experience and results in building go to market strategy as a key leader to the marketing organization
- Ability to recognize future opportunities, evaluate future market dynamics, and identify investment opportunities
- Expertise in fundamentals of product marketing, including sales enablement
- Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills; outstanding presentation skills
- Has built meaningfully positive relationships with senior decision makers or executives at key partner companies
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.