Head of SEO at Policygenius
About the role...
Have you meaningfully grown a user base through your own unique, personalized SEO strategies? Do you have a deep passion for ensuring websites deliver a delightful user experience? In the Head of SEO role, you will partner with other Policygenius leaders to ensure our product, content and engineering roadmaps align with our SEO strategy and audience growth goals. This is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in driving a comprehensive and innovative SEO program for a large financial services marketplace. The role requires day-to-day management of strategy and programs, including onsite optimization, product initiatives, cross-functional collaboration, engaging content development and analysis and reporting.
To date, Policygenius has developed and executed against a comprehensive SEO strategy that has resulted in ~1m visitors/month. We have inhouse content and product teams dedicated to building our organic reach, and we’re looking for a seasoned leader to develop the next phase of our SEO growth strategy and challenge the content incumbents within personal finance. With a revenue model that doesn’t rely on ad or affiliate revenue to be successful, we have a significant advantage to scale and invest in this next phase of organic growth.
In this role, you will…
- Develop, manage, and evolve our SEO strategy, roadmap & vision to meaningfully grow our audience
- Develop and clearly articulate business cases for investment, tying outcomes to measurable KPIs including revenue and user acquisition
- Own responsibility for developing SEO product and technical priorities, working with our content product team to prioritize the product roadmap and balance organic growth with user experience
- Partner closely with the editorial and content teams to develop a successful content marketing strategy
- Own SEO performance, dashboards, and data from other platforms, and use insights to inform future strategy and priorities
- Identify key structural, technical, & editorial optimizations to improve the performance of our core pages
- Lead research into SEO industry trends, including algorithm updates, AMP, and schema
- Build and develop a team to support our organic growth efforts over time
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 8+ years of experience running SEO teams to drive revenue via SEO and content marketing
- You have experience with the tactics of on-page (e.g., server-side rendering, crawling, natural language generation and SEO A/B testing) and off-page SEO across all major search engines
- You have a proven ability to scale organic search at a stage beyond where we are at today (~1m visitors/month)
- You have a reputation as an industry leader; you’re heavily involved in the SEO community
- You have a competitive drive and a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can continue to outperform the competition in SEO
- You have a demonstrated ability to develop an in-house team and manage agency partners
- You have a solid consumer focus and appreciation for the importance of delivering a great user experience
- You have exceptional analytical skills and the ability to identify and communicate out insights
- You have adept communication skills and the ability to ask the right questions, articulate decisions, and probe for requirements from other disciplines on the team
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!