Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We’re looking for a talented and creative internal comms expert to join our team! In this role, you will help us design and execute engaging internal communications programs across our growing, fast-paced company. The ideal candidate has proven experience leading communications strategy around culture, day-to-day people matters, mission, vision and business strategy, recruiting and employer branding, organizational change and crisis, and has a track record of doing so with a little magic, elevating day to day communications and big team moments alike.
In this role, you will partner closely with the People Team (primarily) and other leadership team members (on occasion) to help establish an approach to internal communications that supports Ro’s mission, engages our team of nearly 400 global colleagues across the organization, and highlights our culture and key initiatives to promote awareness, engagement and the continued growth of the business.
In addition to broad-based and people-team centric communications, you will serve as a strategic thought partner to executives in creating clear, compelling narratives around vision, priorities, and business results, promoting cross-team transparency and collaboration.
You have experience working directly with senior executives and have a proven ability to influence and build partnerships to execute. You anticipate the needs of others, are employee-and-audience-centric and work tirelessly to create an environment of open communications. You’re resourceful with an eye for detail, an excellent writer, visual communicator, and project manager and you know how to do it all in a tone and style that brings our culture to life and speaks to our audience.
This position reports to the VP of Communications and reports dotted-line to Ro’s People team.
- Build (and evolve) an internal communications program
- Develop and track metrics to assess effectiveness of employee communications
- Review, edit and write clear, consistent and engaging employee-facing communications on behalf of various internal teams and stakeholders
- Source, conduct research, draft and deliver a multi-channel content, including internal announcements, employee culture and branding stories for owned and earned channels, and social media content
- Assist in the production of internal events, including All Hands town halls, as well as live/virtual events that help build Ro’s reputation as a top employer
- Lead and manage content for Ro’s recruiting channels -- such as BuiltInNYC, Ro.co, and more -- with corresponding metrics to drive engagement, working in lock step with the People and Recruiting teams
- In partnership with the People Team, help us to optimize our “intranet”, regular communications/updates and other employee-facing communications
- Manage content calendar, track internal events, announcements, and cultural milestones
- Monitor engagement on internal communications strategies and generate metrics reports
- Proactively support communications needs across the company
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of relevant communications experience, preferably at a public company
- Passion for Ro’s mission, brand and culture
- Exceptional writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills; able to translate complex topics into accessible content for a wide audience
- Motivated team player who can collaborate effectively with diverse teams and working styles; thrives in fast-paced environment; agile and can easily pivot as necessary
- Passion for creative storytelling and understands how to create thoughtful and creative narratives and communications plans to reach targeted audiences
- Strong senior presence, able to effectively manage complex, sensitive and confidential matters.
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.