Internal Communications Manager at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks is looking for an experienced, thoughtful, audience-centered communicator to build our internal communications function that will increase transparency, camaraderie and engagement across the organization. While this role is within our People Team, it will build bridges across the business, providing support, counsel and expertise in the areas of communications and engagement. A deep understanding of the business will serve as a foundation for understanding the tone, timing and format that will be best received by employees. A creative approach will ensure that people don’t just read a message, they absorb information, learn through context, and have reliable resources from which to draw when they need it. Leveraging “The Works,” our Learning Management System hosted on Wisetail, employees will benefit from on-brand, interactive, content, created internally or curated from external expertise. The Internal Communications Manager will gain buy-in and trust through effective relationship building and be a sought-after resource on cross-functional projects. This role will provide opportunity to build a career in internal or strategic communications and have tremendous opportunity for exposure to leadership and professional growth.What you'll do
- Work closely with Justworks leaders to support communications within their function and across the organization
- Work with the People Team, Justworks Leadership Team, DEI Council and Marketing to ensure communications are inclusive, timely, on-brand and inline with company values
- Design communications strategies that consider both proactive and reactive tactics
- Design and implement high-impact and sustainable communication tools that meet various learning preferences and instill confidence
- Partner with team members to develop complementary visuals and videos for internal and external use, when appropriate
- Contribute to our employer brand strategy by highlighting what makes Justworks a great place to work
- Produce analytical strategies for measuring and assessing the effectiveness of communications and adapt accordingly
- Interpret employee engagement survey data and participate in efforts to maximize strengths and improve weaknesses
- Minimum of 7+ years of communications, journalism or marketing experience with at least some experience in an internal communications role within a high growth, technical or start-up environment
- Experience creating innovative, accurate and sustainable communications
- Mastery of the English language in written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to analyze data and identify meaningful conclusions which will inform communication strategies
- Intellectual curiosity, a strong growth-mindset, and the desire to constantly improve
- Excellent facilitation and communications skills as well as exceptional collaboration and influence skills across all levels of an organization
- Commitment to driving diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives and a strong personal conviction toward combating racism
- Strong project management skills and experience managing cross-functional relationships and priorities
- Proven strategic agility, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, continuously-evolving environment
- Ability to influence with integrity and maintain a strong voice and informed perspective
- Experience in change management and crisis response
- Mastery of GSuite and Slack; experience in LMS administration helpful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment