Internal Communications Senior Associate at DoorDash
About the Team
The Internal Communications team serves to inform, engage, and inspire DoorDash employees so they feel connected to our mission, vision, and values. The team partners with teams across Strategy, Finance, PR, Policy, and People to ensure employees understand the What, When, Where, Why and How of key business, cultural, and HR initiatives. We are the voice of the employee in every room, using storytelling to help our people connect their work to DoorDash’s broader strategy and impact. We are building a nimble, high-impact team whose cross-functional work touches every corner of the organization.
This role reports to the Director of Internal Communications and is a member of the broader Culture, Belonging & People Growth (CBPG) department within DoorDash’s People Team. CBPG’s mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection where diverse identities can thrive and every employee can do the best work of their career. As part of CBPG, Internal Communications strives to deliver a consistent and inclusive experience for our ~3,000 employees across the U.S., Canada and Australia - regardless of their location, job function, or background.
In this role, you will...
- Co-produce our weekly All Hands broadcast, including managing speakers and materials, leading prep calls, coordinating AV logistics, and assisting with promotional strategy
- Manage monthly newsletters curated by the Internal Communications team to keep employees up-to-date on what’s happening with our business, our culture, and our people
- Partner with business leaders to execute communications plans and develop materials for major corporate announcements (e.g., company goals, product launches, market expansions, team reorganizations, change initiatives, etc.)
- Partner with the People Team to execute communications plans and develop materials for major HR initiatives (e.g., annual Employee Voice Survey, performance review cycle, Women’s Leadership Summit, etc.)
- Partner with CBPG and our Employee Resource Group (ERG) leads to develop and execute a year-round cultural awareness campaign (e.g., Heritage Months, cultural celebrations, remembrance days, etc.)
- Maintain an editorial calendar for company-wide emails to ensure employee receive a steady yet manageable cadence of communications from HQ
- Maintain Wiki/Intranet pages owned by the Internal Communications team or related to projects receiving Internal Communications support
- Track the impact and success of existing communication channels and help implement/manage new channels (e.g. Wiki/Intranet, All Hands, company-wide emails, Slack, etc.)
- Build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of internal stakeholders to increase visibility and improve the quality of communications throughout the organization
We’re excited about you because you…
- Are a self-motivated and creative communicator who believes strategic internal communication is the foundation of a positive employee experience
- Are a persuasive storyteller with a knack for authentically using emotion and logic to communicate a vision and connect with people
- Have experience developing and/or executing comprehensive communication plans that articulate clear objectives, key messages, timelines, and success metrics
- Are an excellent writer and can synthesize complex ideas or materials into a compelling narrative that will excite and inspire employees of all backgrounds
- Have experience telling stories through various mediums (e.g., email, newsletters, slides, audio, video, etc.)
- Have a keen talent and interest in thinking outside the room - putting yourself in the shoes of our underrepresented and/or underserved employee populations to ensure their voices are heard (e.g., hourly employees, international employees, women of all backgrounds, people of color, parents, LGBTQIA+ community members, etc.)
- Have the solid project management and organizational skills needed to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, with minimal oversight
- Can flourish in fast-paced and fluid growth environments where most projects are cross-functional and not “owned” by your team
- Take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
- Have 4-6 years of relevant experience in communications (internal or external); high-growth tech experience a bonus, not a must
- Have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferred)
You’ll love working at DoorDash because...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Want to learn a little more about our culture and company values? We believe in transparency, so check out what it’s like [email protected] or follow us on Instagram @wearedoordash!About DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology platform that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, the company currently reaches 80+ percent of U.S. households and has the widest selection of restaurants, cementing an industry-leading position in the U.S. DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.