Internal Communications Specialist
Dashlane is looking for a strategic and creative (I know, I know) internal communications specialist who can update and operate the channels used to communicate with our employees. Working with the Head of Comms, you’ll help carry the voice of the CEO and other executives internationally—our primary offices are in the U.S., France, and Portugal—to inform and inspire a positive and mission-first employee experience; equally important will be to help lift up the voices of our employees throughout the company. We are looking for someone who can synthesize best practices from any industry, work closely with stakeholders across the company (especially the People team), and communicate clearly with plainspoken, human language. If you are looking for a (mostly) blank canvas, where you can experiment and put your most clever ideas into practice, this is a chance to show what you’ve got.
The internet has optimized nearly every part of our lives...except for the internet itself. Consider every form you fill out online: Each week, the average internet user manually enters a mix of their name, address, phone number, payment info, usernames, and passwords hundreds of times on multiple devices, apps, and browsers.
Dashlane is a mobile and desktop app that gives you a shortcut for everything you do online. Log in instantly, fly through forms, and breeze through checkouts on every device you own. Dashlane works across every operating system, device, and browser, opening the walled gardens that normally inhibit our digital experience.
Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for improving the digital experience and the belief that with the right tools, we can help everyone realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has empowered over 12 million users in 180 countries to dash across the internet without compromising on security.
We are in a moment of high growth as a company, which makes the need for regular and clarifying internal comms—whether through emails, Slack, stand-up meetings, all hands, or something outside the norm—extremely important. Moreover, transparency is a key value for Dashlane as a company, and internal comms is a critical mechanism to meet that promise for our team.
Additionally, the Comms team is receiving renewed focus as we expand, so this role is best for someone who wants to help define the roles and capabilities of our team as we grow, yet is also ready to help with other comms projects as needed.
You will be based in New York, New York.
At Dashlane you will:
- Work with the Head of Comms, Marketing, and People Teams to design an internal communications strategy
- Be the gatherer and protector of internal information and determine how best to disseminate to the company, in part or in whole
- Assist in the editing of internal content, articles, white papers, blogs, and short narratives
- Coach and build-up the presentation ability of spokespeople and executives who will speak to the company
- Shape the internal communications narrative and effectively communicate via presentations, scripts, and emails
- Lead (or at least stage-manage) all-hands, quarterly meetings, etc.
- Work with the people team to manage internal and external surveys for employee engagement
- Work with marketing to take the external messaging to the employees
- Support various functions in their change management initiatives
- 3+ years of experience managing communications, with 1+ years of executive communications
We're Also Looking For:
- Broad, if not deep understanding of technology and software market and terminology; necessary to translate technical and policy arcana into simple, clear speech
- Demonstrated focus on writing and strategic communications
- Experience designing presentations, videos, and creative collateral
- Ability to work closely with executives to develop their communications, including internal written materials and speaking engagements
- Ability to work effectively across many functions to influence, manage, and drive communications narratives across the organization
- French and/or Portuguese fluency.
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.