Lead B2B Product Marketing Manager at Codecademy
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
With the launch of our new business product, Codecademy for Business, we’re seeking a Lead B2B Product Marketing Manager to help establish and execute our B2B marketing strategy. We’re looking for a multi-faceted B2B marketer who not only has a strong product marketing skill set and experience working with product teams, but also has ample experience launching integrated marketing campaigns and working closely with creative and channel marketers. The ideal candidate has an analytical nature, passion for understanding user behavior, and a knack for creating compelling narratives. Reporting to the head of Product and Integrated marketing, you will be tasked with the responsibility of creating the positioning and go-to-market strategies that help connect users with our products. You’ll also use your analytical skills and creativity to help execute multi-channel campaigns that drive acquisition and elevate the Codecademy brand. While the role is primarily focused on B2B, it provides a unique opportunity to also support consumer product marketing initiatives and make an impact across the entire marketing team.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the go-to-market launch planning to ensure successful launches for new and existing products and features.
- Work with channel marketers, creative, and sales to build and optimize onboarding, engagement, and acquisition programs that include measurable goals and outcomes for Codecademy for Business products.
- Oversee the strategy and execution of sales enablement resources and content such as presentations, FAQs, and collateral.
- Develop personas, segmentation, and positioning strategy. Work with copywriting, PR, and content marketing to develop new messaging and branded content.
- Conduct and synthesize user research, competitive research, and industry and market trends.
- Partner with the Enterprise Product Manager to articulate the user journey and identify key user insights to focus the product roadmap on the largest business opportunities.
- Work with our Project Manager to manage campaign processes and timelines and develop processes that help business and marketing collaborate more effectively.
- Monitor, analyze, and optimize marketing campaigns to achieve goals. This includes real-time monitoring as well as longer-term reviews to gauge how leads are maturing through the funnel.
- Utilize best practices, campaign analysis tools, and hypothesis testing to continually improve campaign performance. Communicate results and learnings with all stakeholders.
- 6+ years of product marketing or integrated marketing experience; at least 3 years of B2B product marketing experience.
- Experience leading the strategy and execution of integrated marketing campaigns and product launches.
- Experience articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop strong product positioning and messaging hierarchy and work with partner teams to infuse into a holistic marketing and content strategy plan.
- Familiarity and experience with B2B omni-channel marketing tactics. (E.g. paid marketing, social, digital advertising, website, email marketing, content marketing, PR, and events)
- Strong empathy for the end user. Obsession with understanding user problems and needs.
- Strong analytical ability, including familiarity and understanding of Google Analytics, Looker, or similar tools
- Experience doing qualitative and quantitative user research and documenting and evangelizing user insights across the company
- Ability to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, and push projects further than expected.
- Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners.
- Experience working in high-growth, start-up environments.
- Experience working with Hubspot, or another CRM, is a plus.
- Experience launching a new product line or major business initiative from the ground up.
- Previous subscription, SaaS, or edtech experience.
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education.
- Experience partnering with paid marketing to develop B2B acquisition campaigns.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.