HOMER is currently seeking a Lead Designer to join our New York office! We are searching for a Lead Designer who is passionate about and experienced at working across multiple creative mediums - from digital ads to website pages to print collateral to foundational brand assets.
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the early learning program that provides the best educational start possible by offering fun, personalized, and proven learning products for kids ages 2-8. We are a venture-backed, high-growth business that offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits in a creative, flexible environment that invests in professional development.
The Lead Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing creative assets to support the needs of the HOMER Brand and the Marketing teams through strong creative and visual storylines. This individual should have experience and be comfortable working on a breadth of marketing assets from social media ads to web landing pages to direct mail collateral. The Lead Designer should have experience working on consumer brands, ideally at least one brand that targets millennial moms.
- Create engaging creative designs targeting HOMER’s main customer target - moms and dads - across all both digital and print mediums within multiple marketing channels from performance, direct-response marketing to brand marketing and social media.
- Innovate and create bold, attractive designs to capture the interest of the HOMER audience, helping to meet marketing goals and targets
- Strengthen and maintain HOMER’s brand mission and identity ensuring designs and creative are cohesive and have a consistent through-line.
- Drive the best expression of the brand through storytelling and creative execution across all marketing channels, i.e. owned social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.), email marketing, the HOMER website, influencer marketing, UGC, and performance marketing (paid search, paid social, display)
- Collaborate with various teams across the Company, including Marketing, Partnerships, Art & Animation, and Product teams to design creative concepts across multiple formats
- At least 5+ years of experience as a graphic designer with a marketing focus.
- Expert knowledge in the following tools/programs: Adobe Creative Studio (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Media Encoder)
- Strong knowledge of the following tools/programs: Sketch, Zeplin, Figma
- Experience working on consumer brands
- Ability to work independently and manage projects with high fidelity and on time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized and creative with an eye for detail
We prefer but don’t require:
- Knowledge of children’s education and/or marketing to parents
- A bachelor’s degree in Design, Fine Arts, or related field
We like people who:
- Are open to suggestions, collaborative, and thrive in team environments
- Love and are willing to learn new technologies and styles
- Are scrappy, entrepreneurial with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally
HOMER is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. HOMER does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.