Lead Social Media Strategist, Commerce at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Lead Social Media Strategist to work on strategy for the Commerce Editorial Social Team, across all social platforms. You'll expand our strategy to cover other platforms even more, especially Instagram, search & Apple News. Experience in PhotoShop is a plus.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely, and expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
- Oversee Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok publishing, as well as push notifications for Apple News and the BuzzFeed App
- Developing strategy to increase affiliate traffic from the aforementioned platforms, identifying areas of opportunity and the content + publishing strategy needed to deliver against key performance benchmarks
- Collaborate on development of Buzzfeed’s strategy for commerce video
- Communicate and brainstorm with content creators + Shopping team
- Ideate and lead creative strategy around target events and branded opportunities
- Analyze, craft and help optimize reports on social performance and trends, messaging key results to social team, as well as non-social stakeholders
- Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms
- Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- Create ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, the BuzzFeed App, Apple News and more
- 5-7 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Ability to leverage data to understand online customers' buying behaviors
- A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
- A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.