Manager, Agency Partnerships at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Businesses that partner with Stack Overflow come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and Stack Overflow Talent advertising solution works for all. We’ve built and retained a tight-knit community of 60-million monthly unique visitors by putting our users first. The Manager, Agency Partnerships (MAP) plays an integral role in Stack Overflow Talent's growth - the focus of this role is to strengthen relationships with Account Directors, Strategists and Media Planners at recruitment marketing agencies in North America, driving large and strategic enterprise-level partnerships with direct clients. The MAP is responsible for the entire lifecycle of their customers from initiating new business development to accelerating growth and generating revenue within existing agency partnerships.
Revenue generating activities for MAPs include in-person market education of Stack Overflow Talent products at select agency sites, video-conferencing demos and negotiations, and any relationship-building initiatives to drive revenue.
What you’ll do:
- MAP is the primary day-to-day contact between the agency and Stack Overflow’s account team. MAP is also an internal advocate for your agency partners
- Evangelize and establish Stack Overflow as the most trusted resource for developers and as the leading developer hiring platform for employers and recruitment marketing agencies in North America
- Collaborate cross-functionally with account executives, account managers, marketing and advertising teams to drive new pipeline opportunities, and adoption of Stack Overflow products
- Diligently generate new business relationships and opportunities by networking in person (agency offices, conferences, seminars, meetups, etc), over-the-phone demos, and other relevant methods.
- Take a consultative sales approach to fully understand agency client’s business needs and pitching solutions to drive revenue and leads for the direct sales team
- Manage existing clients by working with account reps to conduct training and best practices sessions, conduct quarterly business reviews and manage the campaign progress against core KPIs
- Become a SME (subject matter expert) by staying abreast of industry trends and best practices, reading business publications, or blogs to support and add value for agency clients
What you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of Marketing, Brand Advertising, Agency, Media Sales and/or Online Advertising experience leading businesses or accounts
- Tenacious and entrepreneurial approach to working through product, process, and client challenges
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships with both external and internal partners
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Experience partnering closely with team leads in a cross-functional working environment
- Superior networking, business development and account mapping skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with digital advertising or web-based services sales
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience Operative One and/or Google Ad Manager
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.Work Environment:
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.