Manager, Audience Development at Major League Baseball
Major League Baseball (MLB) is seeking a Manager, Audience Development for an immediate opening based in New York, NY. The position will manage audience development and off-platform distribution of MLB’s digital content efforts. MLB has many internal teams creating content for various O&O platforms, and this role will provide the opportunity to create a cohesive production and distribution strategy.
- Drive the strategy for audience development, engagement, and growth both on and off MLB’s owned-and-operated platforms.
- Integrate industry-wide KPIs, perform audits, and make recommendations for editorial and video content optimization.
- Communicate with product, editorial, video, social, and various other teams to target challenges and creatively construct both short- and long-term solutions for requirements.
- Increase audience with both SEO-driven evergreen content as well as promotions for real-time special events coming from live coverage and search.
- Evaluate opportunities for creating content and grow partnerships through collaborative initiatives for distribution, such as Apple News and AMP.
- Manage various SEO and keyword research platforms and technical tools and oversee testing, collection, and accuracy.
- Serve as the main point of contact for leaders and executives, organizing trainings and recurring updates and presentations.
- 1-5 years’ experience in a managerial role at a news organization, creative agency, or other company, with extensive experience in engagement optimization of editorial, video, and product.
- Knowledge of off-platform content and growth strategies and expertise in overseeing engagement metrics, distribution methods, and best practices.
- An aptitude for content creation strategies of both video and editorial, and the ability to decide the needs of various channels and coordinate and execute the best possible formats for each.
- Experience with SEO tools including SEMrush, Screaming Frog, OnCrawl, DeepCrawl, Botify, URL Profiler, Ahrefs, or similar tools.
- Experience with database queries and analytics, including Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, Search Console, or similar web/video analytics tools.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools, such as Microsoft Excel and RStudio.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and follow through on a project from start to finish.
- A familiarity with baseball products and services, as well as with sports and entertainment industries.