Manager, Business Communications at Major League Baseball
Support public relations for MLB’s technology initiatives including:
- New features for MLB digital consumer products including, but not limited to, the MLB app, Ballpark app, MLB.tv, and video games
- Sponsorships and integrations with technology companies
- Game distribution through streaming partnerships with platforms that have included YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter
- On-field technology including tracking and replay
- Publicize technology consumption stemming from MLB digital products, streaming, and ticketing.
- Showcase MLB’s technology accomplishments and leadership position in sports through executive interviews, conference and panel participation, awards submissions, and more.
- Regularly engage with technology media about MLB initiatives
- Support Senior Manager PR efforts around MLB sponsorships, consumer products, and special events
- Operate the MLB Communications Twitter account (@MLB_PR) by developing standard practices, instituting a system for content creation, and being a liaison for the MLB Communications staff in creating content around news and announcements.
- Create written press materials and talking points around relevant MLB technology initiatives and hot topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a Communications or PR related study
- 3-6 years of experience, preferably in technology or sports
- Proven media relationships in the tech/sports tech/sports business areas
- Ability to multitask
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to synthesize complicated tech information and make it easily consumable
- Strong knowledge of social media, content creation, and graphic design skills are a plus