Manager, Customer Lifecycle Marketing
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about educating and nurturing customers on a massive scale
We are looking for a talented and results-oriented self-starter to come into this new role at the company to own and execute customer marketing. You will create a roadmap, collaborate with multiple functional departments and drive end-to-end lifecycle marketing initiatives that help customers discover and see value from our broadening product portfolio, including: identifying cross/upsell opportunities (self-service or success-assisted), user segmentation and personalized nurture paths across multiple channels.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Driving demand: Implement a customer lifecycle program aimed at driving product usage and expansion
- Roadmap: Co-develop and own the execution of the lifecycle roadmap
- Identification: Partner with our Data & Analytics team to build a world-class approach in identifying opportunities for product expansion / cross-selling - and the ability to measure its success
- Segmentation: Use historical and real-time data to build out highly-scalable and segmented nurture streams to educate customers about use cases and products
- Multi-channel nurturing: Own the technical execution and communication strategy for more than a million customers, across all channels: email, website, in-app, live chat, social etc.
- Running experiments: Build hypotheses, run tests and analyze campaign performance
- Coaching: Manage and mentor a small team responsible for marketing automation and email operations
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Ownership of the customer email lifecycle: Experience developing strategy and executing on the full email lifecycle, from acquisition through winback, including: lead scoring, segmentation, measurement and beyond
- Consumer-scale with a B2B mindset: Experience in bottom-up, large scale user acquisition and retention
- Marketing tooling: Previous tactical experience implementing and using tools like Segment, Marketo, Salesforce, Drift, etc, with a strong focus on data piping across systems.
- Strategic thinker and collaborator: Has shown demonstrable success improving customer experience by partnering across Marketing, Sales, Product and Support
- Domain experience: Strong familiarity with cloud infrastructure and/or devops
- Strong technical background: Has worked as a developer, written code as a hobby, been a growth hacker, integrated multiple systems or has strong technical product marketing chops.
- Writing: Ability to write effective copy that ranges from technical to motivational
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!