Manager, Demand Planning
About the Company:
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razor blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We launched Flamingo recently, entering the women’s body care space, and have expanded into other areas. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team:
The demand planning team at Harry’s is responsible for consumer product forecasting globally and is part of the Global Supply Chain organization. This team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance and in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions through the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
About the Role:
We are looking for a high-performing analytical, collaborative and visionary person to join our demand planning team. This position will be responsible for evolving our demand planning process and forecasting a portion of Harry’s North American retail channels. They will work in close collaboration with the broader supply chain, finance and sales teams and have frequent interaction with key stakeholders globally. This is also an opportunity that affords significant exposure to and impact on senior-level operations, finance and strategy for a high-growth consumer brand. The role is based in our New York City office, but requires occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues in Germany and the UK.
Provide a change management and leadership role in the demand planning function.
- Promote a vision for the function that drives SKU-level forecasting accuracy and close collaboration with supply planning to optimize service and inventory metrics.
- Lead the transition from Excel based forecasting to a new demand planning statistical software platform.
- Leverage new methodologies such as ABC stratification of SKUs, management by exception and forecastability analysis to drive improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of the function.
- Create KPI scorecards to track progress.
- Lead the SDAP (strategic deployment action plan) and master plan (tactical work flow) to achieve these objectives working closely with other supply chain functions, IT and commercial leads.
Manage the monthly Harry’s demand planning process for North American retail.
- Be the expert on the drivers behind the Harry’s retail businesses by running monthly cross-functional meetings to gather information from stakeholders across the company
- Produce accurate demand forecasts by owning retail demand models.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, FP&A and distribution teams to determine the downstream implications of published demand forecasts
- Develop root cause analysis and countermeasures for forecasting accuracy issues by SKU, category, channel and customer.
- Report key assumptions, building blocks and forecast methodology to the Executive team including a monthly comparison of actuals against forecasts and insights and recommendations.
Work cross-functionally with different levels of the organization in UK, New York and Germany:
- Work closely with the FP&A team on annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes to provide visibility on revenue, volume and growth drivers.
- Work with the FP&A, Strategy and Operations teams on revenue and margin gap improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product and R&D teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
- Have significant exposure to the Harry’s senior leadership and act as a thought partner on special projects and key business decisions
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of high academic achievement. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in demand planning or related function
- Experience with change management and project management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience using demand planning and ERP software
- Ability to manipulate data and insights to make recommendations
- Rigorously detail-oriented and produces exceptional deliverables
- Excellent ability to collaborate and communicate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus and results in the day-to-day business
- Strong work ethic; ability to independently own and drive projects
- Motivated to learn; asks insightful questions and fully embraces working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Sense of humor
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.