Manager, Growth Marketing (Paid Search/SEM)
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.About the Team:
Rent The Runway’s Growth Marketing Team is responsible for bringing all the pieces of the customer acquisition funnel together. Our goal is to reach and convert our target audience at scale by activating our community, amplifying our brand story, and empowering new customers to experience the magic of RTR.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking a Manager, Paid Search to lead our SEM efforts. In this role, you will drive strategy and execution across our media channels, plan and optimize our marketing budget, assess channel and campaign performance, and lead day-to-day execution. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of performance marketing and acquisition KPIs, has a highly analytical and technical skillset, moves quickly, and has demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
In this role, you will…
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of SEM campaign deliverables, including structuring and targeting improvements, keyword and audience expansion, landing page testing, search query mining, and improvement of the bid management process
- Partner with Analytics and Finance teams to forecast business growth, and set strategic approach for driving highest ROI marketing investments. Manage complex acquisition modeling and multi-touch attribution modeling
- Manage and deliver consistent reporting to the leadership team providing a clear perspective on campaign successes, risks, and opportunities. This role requires a highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Deeply understand Rent The Runway’s customer’s journey from awareness to conversion and leverage insights to unlock new growth and conversion opportunities
- Oversee and execute rigorous A/B testing and landing page optimization to maximize media spend
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to drive SEO initiatives for impacting organic visibility of focused category keywords, site architecture, and taxonomy and content
- Expand into new channels: own the strategy, budget and execution of new customer acquisition across other digital marketing channels, including: Affiliate, Display, Re-targeting, and Video advertising
- As needed, manage external performance marketing agencies for campaign development and optimization
- Manage budget to support P&L goals, partnering with Finance on reporting and forecasting
- Select, negotiate contracts, and partner with digital agencies and vendors to support business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-6 years of experience in acquisition marketing and paid advertising
- Deep customer acquisition experience in a digital brand in a fast growth environment and at scale
- Extensive experience executing paid advertising campaigns across Google, Ad networks and ad agencies
- Highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, with experience in a rigorous A/B testing environment and desire to test & learn
- Strong knowledge of online analytics/business intelligence tools such as Tableau, SQL, etc is a plus
- Able to lead through persuasion and use data/research to make a case
- No challenge is too big or small. You’re equally an executor and can go deep into the details, but also can drive big picture strategy
- Must be highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets and clearly articulate program status to management
- Possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences.
- Collaborate well across teams in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- You have exceptional written skills and can keep large teams aligned and informed
- Experience running paid advertising for a B2C subscription product is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.