Manager, Media Management at Major League Baseball
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversee the MLBN Media Management workflows including content storage, file-based delivery, and digital publishing. The Manager will establish communication standards and define operational best practices for the Media Management staff. Interface with producers, engineering, and operators, making recommendations to Engineering for defining technology requirements and advancements. Serve as point of contact for club personnel and partners such as MILB, USA Baseball, YouTube, Yahoo, etc.
- Determines and communicates operational best practices with respect to file-based content delivery, acquisition, and multimedia publishing.
- Manage content life cycle as required for internal and external stakeholders.
- In coordination with Operations Scheduling team, verify staffing coverage and evaluate potential efficiencies.
- Track department budget, including project allocation, in coordination with Director, Production Media Services.
- Make recommendations to improve department workflows, and overall team efficiency.
- Maintains the daily operation of the digital asset archive, implements processes for the acquisition, usage, archiving and storage of digital assets.
- Develop editorial standards for content metadata and tagging for multimedia delivery.
- Follows media management standards for the organization, indexing, storage and retrieval of, digital assets, (i.e., assists in the creation of naming conventions).
- Collaborate with internal departments and external partners such as MLB Office of the Commissioner, MLB International, MLB Clubs, MILB, USA Baseball, Little League, and other partners to ensure deliverable requirements are maintained.
- Document and provide reports on content management, delivery, and publishing.
- Oversee all Multimedia production, including file import/export from affiliates and MLB clubs, Video On Demand preparation, edit, QC, upload.
- Team with Post Production Engineering, Boolean, and MLB Development teams to define software requirements, schedule testing, and manage implementation.
- Make recommendations for operational software and hardware requirements to support Media Management.
- Serve as MLB Network operational lead for DIAMOND, Deltatre Forge, and other critical media management or CMS systems.
- Other such duties as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- Must have 8-10 years’ experience in media management and/or multimedia content production and delivery.
- Staff supervisory experience, including the ability to coach and develop staff talents.
- Possess effective leadership skills.
- Experience training staff on content workflow, processes, and standard operating procedures.
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a deep understanding of assigned technical components and the ability to trouble-shoot to personally make fixes and/or escalate repairs as needed.
- Ability to make timely decisions affecting own work and that of subordinate staff.
- Ability to work well and multi-task in a fluid broadcast 24/7 environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized environment of live television.
- Must be detail oriented, meticulous and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently yet strong collaboration skills are required.
- The ability to prioritize and to be a proactive thinker.
- Ability to review work from a short-term perspective and against objectives, budgets and schedules and adjust accordingly.
- Ability to translate approved objectives into work plans and procedures.
- It is expected that this person will maintain and increase their knowledge in the Operations & Engineering discipline and keep current on changing broadcast technologies as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
- Very strong computer skills: Experience on current post production and publishing systems. Adobe Creative Cloud applications, specifically Premiere Pro, After Effects, or Audition experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a server-based file system.
- Knowledge of editorial/journalistic standards and style.
- People management experience required
- Must have thorough knowledge of baseball.
- Must have television industry experience.
- Must have traditional library and digital asset management experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent