Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Our Manager, Partner Marketing will be essential in scaling and diversifying our top of funnel growth. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our Manager Partner Marketing , You’ll Get to...
- Grow referral partners to be one of Fundera’s largest ROI-positive acquisition channels.
- Build out 2 separate channels for referral partners, becoming best in class in each. These channels include Certified Fundera Partners (accountants and brokers), and Affiliate Partners (review sites publishers).
- Build out a robust pipeline of potential partnerships, knowing and perfecting the infrastructure, collateral, and economics that allow for successful and brand-positive growth in these categories.
- Develop an evaluation framework to identify the most promising partners and provide a custom experience that enhances scale.
- Build out the marketing materials and programs necessary to acquire partners.
- Build out the education and training necessary for these partners to be successful.
- Build out lifecycle marketing campaigns that ensures Fundera remains top of mind for partners, knowing what to do when a partner becomes inactive.
- Research all major affiliate networks, run an RFP and select an affiliate network for Fundera to join as an advertiser.
- Build a successful working relationship with our sales and product organizations to know what information and process they need in place for customers referred from partner channels.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting on all activity, from partner progress, partners signed, active partners, budget, leads and opportunities, and expected and actual revenue created.
- Be seen as a leader within both the marketing team and Fundera, owning and creating what will become one of our most important marketing functions to date.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- 5+ years in marketing or partnerships 3+ years in a partner marketing role.
- Stood up or been instrumental in building a referral partner program that has been a major top-of-funnel driver for a business.
- Experience organizing and building pipelines, understanding how best to work through them.
- Experience defining a long-term strategy for success and developing go-to-market plans across tailored channels.
- Experience owning a budget and ensuring their channels remain ROI-positive.
- Quantitative and analytical skills. You can keep a pulse on channel performance, glean insights, and use data to inform next steps.
- Master networking skills. You build relationships with people at any level, of any demographic.
- An entrepreneurial nature. You can create something from scratch and are familiar with what it means to lay down infrastructure and make a business case.
- A creative and scrappy nature. You have an endless list of out-of-the-box ideas to hit ambitious goals, and know how to make these things happen on a small budget.
- Strong cross-collaboration abilities. You can communicate effectively with technology, design, sales, finance, and more to create infrastructure that will lead to success.
- Succinct communication skills. You can quickly and impressively distill the value props of a partnership.
- Excel and Powerpoint expertise. Salesforce, Google Analytics, and contracts familiarity are pluses.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relative experience, apply below to be our Manager, Partner Marketing.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera’s agency portal link.