Manager, Public Relations
About the Role
This position will be responsible for handling Knotel's relationships with the media, and creating messaging to build the Knotel story. This person is a quick thinker with excellent judgment, the ability to work cross-functionally, and top-notch writing skills. The PR Manager will work closely with the marketing team and the leadership team to ensure Knotel is publicly communicating business, product, growth, and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Build and cultivate relationships with journalists who write about real estate, the future of work, and work culture
- Find news hooks and pitch Knotel spokespeople to comment on them
- Route or respond to all inbound inquiries from local and national outlets
- Work cross-functionally to synthesize information from the policy, product, business, marketing and leadership teams
- Promote marketing campaigns and other company initiatives to the relevant national and local media
- Schedule press interviews and develop prep documents for members of the leadership team
- Keep track of important industry events and submit Knotel leadership as speakers
- Manage external PR agencies
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience in-house or at an agency
- Superb writing skills
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with many internal and external stakeholders to bring writing projects and events over the finish line
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Self-starting mindset and ability to produce top-notch work without a lot of supervision
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Strong grasp of the commercial real estate environment and an interest in the future of work
- Passion for the Knotel mission
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.