Manager, Site Merchandising at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
In this role, you will work with the Senior Site Merchandising Manager to create and execute category specific site merchandising optimizations, determining the attribute structure, navigation pathways and landing experiences to best drive product discoverability and presentation.
You’ll be responsible for the development and execution of merchandising tactics in translating the assortment strategy into site strategy through partnerships with buying, marketing, consumer and product teams. You will work closely with Merchandising, Marketing & Product leaders to identify and prioritize site enhancements, new functionalities, inventory opportunities, and merchandising priorities; additionally, you will be a key stakeholder for content strategy and storytelling across our site and email channels.
This position requires extensive cross-functional communication, proven ability to make timely decisions and provide creative solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure customer experiences are seamless throughout the funnel through set-up and maintenance of product pages, designer pages and more throughout the seasons.
- Work cross-functionally, especially with Buying and Marketing teams, to relentlessly maintain solid understanding of brand priorities and ever-changing product assortment to deliver appropriate representation on-site
- Strengthen RTR product merchandising presentation by refining product recommendations, implementing cross-functional processes, managing test and iterate roadmaps, and presenting a cohesive storytelling perspective across all core channels
- Adjust strategy and/or execution based on product availability and other dynamic considerations
- Develop scalable process and tools for curated campaigns
- Track, measure, and communicate key performance indicators from merchandising areas across the site, focusing on brand, category, and assortment pages.
- Partner with content marketing team to assist in developing new concept ideas to support new categories and trends within our navigation and homepages
- Provide monthly recaps to leadership and cross-functional teams with finding and recommendations, clearly defining the wins and opportunities. Complete seasonal hindsights to help plan and execute for future seasonal site plans.
- Provide business inputs and context to creative teams for execution, ensuring content is revenue-driving, on brand, and impactful.
- Assist in daily marketing updates of the website by providing relevant category information to the marketing team
- Partner with buying directors & the email marketing team to provide suggestions for email content as well as provide trending categories to support marketing initiatives
- Provide thorough and timely QA for site content daily to ensure product data integrity
- Meet digital initiative deadlines. Take on additional projects, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of site merchandising experience
- 3+ years of ecommerce team management experience, with a close focus on content, site merchandising, site optimization
- Proven experience in developing and executing content and merchandising plans.
- Highly analytical with the ability to provide data-driven recommendations and corresponding action plans
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while managing priorities
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple deadlines autonomously and proactively
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, Google Analytics (or other site analytics tools)
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.