Manager, Social Engagement and Listening
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Job:
The ideal candidate lives, breathes, and speaks social media—someone who reads up on the latest trends as much as they discover them on their own. The right candidate will be highly creative and motivated, have excellent communication skills, be efficient and organized, and an enthusiastic collaborator. This role requires someone with ample energy, who thrives on creating engaging content and is able to wear multiple hats in order to achieve the brand goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and lead the strategy for community management and social listening, including the implementation and management of technology required to build a best in class team.
- Define and develop community management and social listening rules and alerts that map to business value
- Build dashboards and define processes required to make community management actionable
- Define intake process for teams to request community management support
- Lead social listening research projects and deliver strategic insights to the leadership team
- Define and develop community management and social listening alerts that map to business value
- Research and report on social trends amongst industry and competitors as well as technology and viral social marketing opportunities.
- Creative self-starter with a passion for the evolving nature of social media
- Effective strong communication skills and ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- 5+ years of experience in customer experience, social media listening and community management
- Three to five (3-5) years managing a team
- Proficient understanding of listening technology (Sprinklr, Sprout, Falcon, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize a large amount of data into concise language that can be shared with senior management
- Interact and present ideas with confidence at all levels
- Deep understanding and willingness to continually learn about social tools and capabilities
- Proficiency with deep diving into data, including key business and social metrics
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.