Manager, Strategy & Analytics
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
We are looking for a Manager, who will support the high-performance Growth Marketing Strategy and Analytics team. He/she will be responsible for analyzing A/B tests, managing our budget, building key-metric dashboards, overseeing ETL data pipelines, and analyzing trends. Based in New York, and reporting to the Sr. Manager of Strategy and analytics and managing a Data Analyst, the Manager’s role will consist of:
- A/B test analysis and other projects (33% of time)
- Liaising with vendors and agencies on external data pipelines and experimentation
- Partnering with stakeholders to design valid and impactful experiments
- Fielding requests from within and without the Growth team to perform one-off analyses and answer questions
- Liaise with the Sr. Director of Digital Marketing to perform analyses of A/B tests of individual channels, ensuring the integrity of results
- Can include pricing strategy, lifetime value and other marketing analytics
- ETL Oversight, Dashboards, and People Management: (33% of time)
- Overseeing management of ETL data pipelines including channel spend data pipelines
- Build dashboards to monitor various business metrics in real time
- Supporting Growth team stakeholders through analysis and tool building
- Manage high performing Data Analyst
- Media mix optimization and forecasting (approx. 33% of time)
- Algorithmic modeling for media mix optimization
- Lead annual and quarterly planning and forecasting, liaising closely with Finance team and other stakeholders
- Work with channel managers directly to uncover spend shortfalls, misallocations and other issues
- Daily proactive monitoring of budget and pacing, performing reconciliations as necessary
- Spend reallocation any time money moves across groups
- Be the first to alert team members about inconsistencies and anomalies that could indicate performance problems
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Analyzing complex and ambiguous datasets to produce actionable insights
- Defending surprising or unpopular results against challenges from skeptical stakeholders
- Fielding requests from multiple stakeholders
You Should Have
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in quantitative or related fields such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research,marketing, engineering
- Demonstrated ability in quantitative analysis and reasoning, which can include academic coursework OR work experience
- Expert-level Excel skills
- Proficiency in python, sql and ability to demonstrate Code using git
- Understanding on Big data platform, spark, hadoop, hive
- Experience with Tableau
- Strong interest in business analytics
- Keen business acumen and ability to sanity-check numbers
- Eagerness to learn digital marketing and/or e-commerce
Got these? Even Better:
- Experience in statistical analysis, including regressions, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Experience with A/B testing and/or digital marketing
- Experience in financial statement analysis (which could include academic courses) and/or budget management
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.