Manager/Senior Manager Brand, Shave at Harry's
We are looking for a seasoned marketer and analytical problem solver with a passion for building great brands to meet consumer needs. This role will help shape key priorities for Harry’s shave in the US, our hero category for the Harry’s business in our biggest market. This person will be responsible for performing ongoing business analyses and planning, forming continuous growth strategies including product innovation, and executing projects and mobilizing the organization to meet those objectives. We are seeking a Manager or Senior Manager-level marketer with a strong general management mindset and who has experience bringing products from ideation to market, as well as developing strategies to grow a base consumer business. You will live and breathe our brand and business, and help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, and advocate for us.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Perform ongoing business analyses of Harry’s omnichannel business and competitive performance to inform commercial go to market strategies, monthly forecasting inputs and P&L reviews, marketing plans, and longer term innovation roadmap.
- Utilize data to identify and build strategy and business cases for brand initiatives across all levers for business growth for the shave category, including long term innovation, set goals and clear KPIs, and work with cross-functional teams to shepherd ideas from concept to execution.
- Understand the external environment (competitive and market) and identify new sources of opportunity & threats by being the internal expert on guys in the shave category, male grooming more broadly, and male brands and guys in our consumer target to help inform commercial and marketing strategies and execution plans.
- Approach key challenges and opportunities for the Harry’s shave business with both commercial solutions across a variety of levers to drive the business forward: Proposition (consumer-facing point of difference vs. competitors), Packaging, Pricing, Product (innovations, new pack types), Place (channels, planograms, etc.), and Promotion (secondary displays, other incentive tactics, comms/paid media strategy).
- Develop resonant, relevant and meaningful briefs that can excite and energize cross functional teams for both commercial initiatives and 360 campaigns including Creative, Design, Retail and DTC teams, Insights, Communications/Partnerships, R&D/Engineering teams, and agency partners where applicable.
- Get buy-in for your ideas with leadership and cross-functional teams across the organization, always advocating for what’s best for the brand and business.
Who We’re Looking For:
- You have 5+ years of experience in brand management, with experience in the CPG industry, MBA a plus.
- You are highly analytical, and have experience performing robust business analysis, telling a story with data, and tying insights and recommendations into tactics.
- You’ve planned and executed product innovation and brand plans before, and you know what makes one great based upon creativity, strategic alignment, and consumer impact.
- You are a strong project manager and able to rally and mobilize cross-functional teams to march toward a common goal you have helped define.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and are a self-starter who can be nimble on your feet
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.