Market Research Lead at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
The Product Marketing team is looking for a passionate leader who can elevate our product across various markets to help ensure our brand and product experiences are deeply rooted in consumer insights.
In this role, you will lead consumer research and trends to directly influence brand, marketing and business strategy discussions. These discussions will help drive consumer awareness, affinity and long-term relationships with our consumers.
Our ideal candidate gets excited about working on behalf of our consumer and stitching together compelling stories rooted in deep consumer insights and cultural understanding.
As a member of a high performing Product Marketing team, you bring a consumer lens to our work every day. A "trend seeker” who’s able to contribute to discussions on consumer insights, cultural trends, etc.
You’ll work cross-functionally to collaborate and influence internal partners as we make financial services desirable and attainable to a diverse set of consumers and clients.What you'll do:
- Conduct custom research projects (heavily quantitative with some qualitative) to understand and inform planning relating to brand and product campaign optimization, strategic prospect growth, and competitive intelligence
- Publish ongoing updates on market conditions to track company progress and periodically validate the total addressable market sizing for specific go-to-market verticals or use-cases
- Conduct ongoing in-depth research on competitor go-to-market strategy and product capabilities by using a number of different sources including win/loss reports, secondary research (analyst reports, webinars, PR, etc.), and publicly available information
- Develop a regular cadence of company-wide briefings and department specific updates (Company all hands, Product Summits, C-staff meetings, etc) to instill awareness
- Further develop Stasher personas, use cases, and work closely with core PMM to understand our product vision and tailor that messaging/positioning for the right audience
- Help to drive clarity across persona segments by creating a focused and proactive learning agenda (e.g., consumer fact bases, concept testing/refinement, message optimization, client experience enhancement, thought leadership, product/client experience, etc.).
- A creative thinker who can apply diverse thought and experiences; Monitor relevant consumer, brand and category trends specific to our personas: (e.g., Impact of Student Debt, Evolving CX expectations, Cultural ethnic shifts, etc.).
- Partner with our growth marketing and Brand teams to ensure our creative aligns with Stasher persona audiences
- Act as an expert on our industry and advocate for opportunities in the market
- Analyze and understand the broader market and how Stash fits into it
- Work with technical resources to design integrated internal and syndicated datasets to yield deeper analysis where possible.
- Responsible for designing, executing, and delivering global insight studies to uncover consumer needs, Jobs To Be Done, and executional elements that will guide marketplace solutions
- 5-9 years of experience
- Able to build from scratch
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.