Market Researcher at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Market Researcher to help us better understand our customers and competitors to accelerate our growth. With millions of websites across the globe, we have an incredibly diverse customer base. We want to learn about their needs and goals, and to leverage that understanding to improve our product, marketing, and operations.
We are looking for a results-driven individual who has touched a wide-range of research methodologies. Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills are required for this role. You will leverage your research experience, data-driven approach, and penchant for storytelling to help design research plans and write research reports supporting marketing optimization and ultimately driving conversion. This position is based in New York City and reports directly to the Head of Market Research.
- Serve as a thought partner and subject matter expert to key stakeholders and the Head of Market Research to understand their priority needs, scope projects, and propose research methodologies and plans based on timing/budget constraints
- Execution of research (questionnaire design, data/cross-tab analysis, focus group/IDI moderation, etc.)
- Analyze and interpret research data to develop impactful, actionable insights in the context of business and marketing priorities
- Develop a deep understanding of Squarespace’s product, user needs, brand positioning, and competitive landscape, and partner with stakeholders cross-functionally on go-to-market plans and communications
- Research project management, including gaining alignment with research vendors and internal stakeholders from the initial RFP and contracting process through final delivery
- 2-3 years of experience in a market research or consumer insights-related role with exposure to both quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Very comfortable working with both quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to synthesize disparate data sets into actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication, organization and storytelling skills; experience engaging and collaborating with partners across an organization
- Strong project management skills and comfort with ambiguity; ability to balance competing priorities
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.