We believe knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to help people share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
Teachable is experiencing an exciting period of growth and we’re looking for a curious and driven Marketing Analyst to help us write this next chapter. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing Operations, you will have the unique opportunity to help inform critical decisions influencing the success of a rapidly growing startup.
In this role you’ll empower Acquisition, Brand & Content, and Engagement teams with rigorous analysis to help make strategic and data-driven decisions that will maximize cost-effective subscriber acquisition and current customer revenue.
Partnering with cross-functional teams, you’ll take ownership of marketing data through report creation, dashboard management, and ad-hoc analysis that will allow our team to operate in a test, learn, and grow environment. This role provides crucial visibility into the performance of each marketing initiative and ties it back to our overall business goals.
The ideal person for this role loves to work with data as much as people. You enjoy taking a deep dive into our data and emerging with exciting insights - and translating that data into concise, actionable recommendations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysis and KPI reporting - Partner with Marketing and Data to design and build marketing reports/dashboards; develop, maintain, and improve dashboards to track key success metrics for the team and executive leadership.
- Performance tracking and optimization - Provide analysis to Marketing teams to help ensure we are achieving our planned goals, and run retroactive analysis on marketing campaigns, and present insights to the broader organization.
- Planning and budgeting - Track marketing spend and report on pacing vs budgets, identify trends in channel performance and provide the inputs for forecasting, and proactively identify growth opportunities for marketing budget allocation evolving from a holistic customer journey analysis.
- Enablement - Guide and train marketers on how to effectively use our data and reporting systems, and enable them to pull insights and raw data to understand their own performance with dashboards and a report repository.
- Data QA - Partner with Marketing teams and Data to efficiently set up and run campaigns through tracking QA processes and monitoring of marketing data through our systems.
- Marketing Operations - Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Data, and Technology teams to document and improve our systems of measurement and reporting.
- Testing - Design and guide the measurement of A/B tests and funnel optimization so that reporting is captured properly and provides actionable takeaways.
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis in a marketing environment with a focus on digital and social platform performance measurement, revenue reporting, and business forecasting within consumer technology or closely related industry
- Knowledge in intermediate statistical analysis (e.g. funnels, cohort analysis, long-term trends, user segmentation, correlation, and regression models)
- Basic understanding of the main marketing channels such as Performance, SEO, Content, CRM, Paid Social/Search, Partnerships and how they connect and their interplay.
- Strong digital, tech-savvy citizen with working knowledge of web content management, marketing automation, Google Analytics, and other related tools and platforms
- Strong understanding of how tracking and measurement work in the digital space, including attribution frameworks and credit models, data capture tooling and an understanding of how this impacts data engineering.
- The ability to answer complex questions and translate insights into actionable recommendations and communicate to leadership and non-data stakeholders. Strong data presentation and visualization skills are a must.
- Experience using SQL, business intelligence tools, and working with a data warehouse (Redshift)
- Highly motivated self-starter. Flexible, adaptable, able to manage change and be productive. Brings an entrepreneurial spirit with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude.
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $850 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least January 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.