Marketing + Business Development Manager, Real Estate
Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
- Develop and execute an industry-leading strategy for communicating and marketing the Common brand and value proposition to real estate developers, owners, investors and lenders across the country
- Own our marketing strategy for outreach to developers from content creation and sourcing to execution and delivery, including ownership of our digital marketing database, RE-focused conference schedule, list of panel organizers, and key real estate players list
- Monitor relevant industry news to support Common’s thought-leadership platforms
- Assess sponsorship opportunities with key events and pitch/secure placement of regional executives and CEO Brad Hargreaves on key panels at real estate-focused conferences
- Create, streamline, maintain and refresh marketing collateral for use online or during in-person meetings with existing and potential partners, including ownership of our RE facing web pages
- Help the Real Estate team overall to identify opportunities for business development and expand our developer partner pipeline
- You have experience in the commercial real estate industry (multifamily preferred), with a familiarity of key players and conferences
- You possess excellent written communication skills and have experience creating content for email marketing platforms
- You have successfully planned and managed external client-facing events
- You have proven excellent analytical and presentation skills
- You know how to find the right companies and individuals to talk to about revenue generating opportunities across industries and markets
- You are comfortable representing the Common brand to current and potential partners in a variety of settings and formats
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 to 6 years work experience with a focus in marketing, investor relations or communications
- Significant experience using CRM systems
- You are hungry to build a company, a brand, and a new asset class in real estate
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- You are creative, innovative and have the ability to think outside the box
- You know how to ask for help when you need it and you keep your cool in stressful situations
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.