Marketing Content Writer and Translator at Celonis
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, and BMW rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Valuated at over $1Billion, Celonis received $27.6M Series A in June 2016 and $50M Series B funding in June 2018 from investors Accel and 83 North. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
The Marketing team at Celonis paints a vision of business transformation for our customers. We show that transformation is necessary and possible, thanks to the power of our groundbreaking technology: the Intelligent Business Cloud.
The Content Marketing team brings this vision to life through dynamic experiences and compelling content delivered on the web, on social media, at events, and by our Sales team. Our content drives business growth in the areas of demand generation, customer acquisition, loyalty and evangelism, and brand trust and awareness.
We’re looking for a Writer to join our newly created Content Marketing group that is scaling up to support the global content needs of our Demand Generation and Sales operations. You will be part of the formation of an internal agency that will take Celonis’ brand and content to the next level, delivering highly impactful cornerstone assets: copy for our top-of-funnel and thought leadership content, scripts for brand and product videos, articles on our website and blog, and talk tracks for our executive and sales presentations.
The writing you will do is wide-ranging, from more emotional story-driven narratives, to more editorial-style articles covering industry trends, to more technical product-focused writing, to punchy thumb-stopping copy for advertisements. All writers have different strengths, but the ideal candidate will be versatile and comfortable moving between writing styles and subject matter. You not only need to be a talented and experienced writer, but you must also be able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders, and translate their perspectives and input into highly consumable written content.
Above all, this position offers the opportunity to create content that shapes the brand and voice of this fast-growing, exciting startup that is helping some of the world’s greatest businesses transform. We’re looking for someone who will bring a spirit of creativity, agility, and uncommon thinking to make our content stand out from the crowd.
This role reports to the Vice President of Content Marketing.
- Write compelling marketing copy for a variety of mediums: e-books, webpages, blog posts and articles, reports and whitepapers, presentations and infographics, scripts for videos, and more
- Translate and localize marketing copy from English to German (not vice versa) for a variety of mediums: e-books, webpages, blog posts and articles, reports and whitepapers, presentations and infographics, scripts for videos, and more
- Produce quality copy quickly, efficiently, and against deadlines
- Collaborate with designers, video editors, and other creatives to create visuals that bring your writing to life
- Interview internal and external stakeholders, and turn the content of those conversations into consumable assets
- Research topics, such as specific personas and industries and technologies, in order to create copy that speaks authentically to our audience
- Incorporate SEO best practices into writing, including the integration of keywords and in-line links
- Review copy written by other internal content creators to ensure it’s consistent with corporate messaging and brand
- Manage an editorial calendar of ongoing content projects
- Upload completed content to a content management system (CMS) and organize it using tags, folders, etc.
- Analyze content performance metrics such as blog traffic or social media engagement to inform our content strategy
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to understand our content needs, and use those learnings to provide input on our strategy for prioritizing, packaging, and delivering content to the right audience on the right channels
- Native fluency in German
- Proficiency in English
- 5+ years of writing experience
- A diverse portfolio of writing samples
- Experience writing copy for multiple target demographics
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, consumable prose
- Experience writing on the topics of enterprise technology or analytics space
- Experience writing for B2B content, designed to be consumed by corporate customers and prospects
- Experience working with subject matter experts to create content
- Experience managing assets in a content management system (CMS) or other type of repository
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Cloud applications (Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets), as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Strong communication, project management, and stakeholder relationship management skills
Appreciated skills (not required)
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or other languages
- Experience creating content for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience tracking content performance metrics in Google Analytics
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.