Marketing Coordinator, Research Business
Our mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Our products connect community oncologists, academics, life science researchers and regulators on a shared technology platform, with a goal of improving cancer care and accelerating research by making real-world oncology data available at an unprecedented scale and clinical depth.
The Flatiron Health Marketing Team is largely responsible for driving the demand for and successful adoption of Flatiron data products. We reach a broad set of audiences including employees, care providers, life science companies, researchers, regulators and media/analysts. We leverage a variety of channels to connect with our audiences, including but not limited to live events, email marketing, media, and content marketing.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced professional with the opportunity to immediately have an impact by managing administration and logistics for Flatiron’s first Research Summit as well as kick-off preparations for Flatiron’s presence at the 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting. Additionally, our ideal candidate is eager to learn about and support a number of marketing functions, including: field marketing, digital & content marketing, and customer & stakeholder marketing.
- Overall event coordination including vendor procurement & contracting, booth planning, hotel and registration management, production planning, F&B management, staff management & readiness, etc. This includes serving as a liaison with event vendors such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, DMCs, restaurants, hotels, A/V production companies, transportation, and others.
- Manage event-related communications for Flatiron-hosted events, from building dynamic conference & registration websites to creating content for and administering email communications.
- Identify and vet new venues & vendors for Flatiron’s Marketing team to work with. We are looking for a skilled negotiator who is not afraid to go toe to toe with vendors to negotiate company savings.
- Oversight of budget planning, tracking, and post-event recap and ROI analysis.
- Support digital marketing efforts including campaign planning & content development, contact database management & growth, and subsequent analytics & measurement.
- Assist with operational tasks including scheduling and agenda planning for team meetings, budget tracking & management, and other operational tasks to keep projects running on track.
- BA/BS with 1-3 years work experience
- Proficiency in event planning and marketing automation systems such as Cvent and Hubspot. Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems a plus.
- Has worked end-to-end on multiple events ranging in size.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator and a desire to improve processes.
- Team player who is eager to get their hands dirty with smaller tasks but can also look at the bigger picture.
- Estimated travel is 10%.