Marketing Data Analyst at SmartAsset
SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
SmartAsset is looking for a Marketing Data Analyst to join our Marketing & Revenue Operations team. An ideal candidate is self-motivated, independent, has a keen attention to detail and expert-level analytical skills and has a background in finance, consulting or revenue reporting, and quantitative analysis. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to be part of an innovative and dynamic fintech startup.
- Partner with internal teams to understand business and marketing goals, leveraging analytics to advance these goals
- Prepare trend analysis and reporting for product and marketing teams and senior management
- Support ad-hoc analysis, discussions and conclusions around the efficacy of marketing channels
- Work with Data Engineering to develop reporting dashboards, alert systems, etc.
- Build scalable revenue reporting processes via automation and tech enhancements
- Implement and report on yield optimization tests across SmartAsset and Captivate Network
- Learn the overall business model and be prepared to wear multiple hats to provide help where needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative, analytical, or technical field
- 1-3 years experience in finance, consulting or data analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookups, Macros, Visualizations)
- Experience with BI tools such as Mixpanel or Tableau a plus
- Experienced with Python (pandas, numpy, matplotlib, etc.) and SQL
- Data engineering and machine learning experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives, including developing quantitative analysis and extracting actionable insights
- Effective in an unstructured environment with competing priorities that requires new perspectives and creative approaches
- Inquisitive and analytical mind, strong disposition to learn, and an exceptional team player
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave