Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva is dedicated to building the careers of new university graduates. Generation Veeva is a global organization that offers multiple development programs and career paths. Each path is designed to develop you professionally in a supportive environment. Workshops, mentors, career path planning and on the job learning are all things you can look forward to as you grow your career at Veeva.
Join us as a Marketing Data Analyst as part of our Analytics Development Program. This program is specifically designed to build the next generation of Veeva and Crossix and support recent graduates in successfully launching their careers.
Marketing Data Analysts (MDAs) are the backbone of the client-facing organization at Crossix. MDAs use sophisticated analytical techniques to tease out the connections between healthcare marketing tactics and patient health outcomes using proprietary, privacy-centric technology. You’ll learn the ins and outs of the rich healthcare marketing ecosystem while observing the direct effects of particular tactics on patient health.
We know diversity is essential to a high-performing team. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva does not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT or TN status) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Answer healthcare clients’ broad business questions using cutting-edge technology and analytics capabilities
- Transform client questions into hypotheses testable with data using Crossix’s proprietary coding language
- Link marketing exposure, consumer behavior, and transactional health data to understand changes in patient behavior due to healthcare clients’ tactics in the marketplace
- Mobilize a variety of tools and platforms, including SQL, Excel, and business intelligence/data visualization suites
- Use data to make patient behavior discoveries
- Develop insights using advanced data analysis techniques, predictive modeling, and data visualization
- Assess how effectively market tactics make patients healthier
- Uncover major storylines and themes from analysis data and, working closely with senior team members, make actionable recommendations to healthcare clients for how to optimize their tactics
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in the complex healthcare business space
- Opportunity to work with major players in the healthcare marketing business, including healthcare providers, media agencies, and digital & broadcast media publishers
- Practice storytelling skills by transforming results of analytics into client presentations
- Build expertise in client therapeutic areas and marketing initiatives
What You've Done
- Bachelors degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Don’t have a university degree? That’s OK if you have the equivalent skills gained through work experience or disciplined self-study
- “Can-do” attitude and approach
- Willing to learn new skills and use feedback for continual improvement
- Entrepreneurial self-starter and team player; hungry for new opportunities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Quantitative interest, demonstrated through coursework or professional experience
- Interest in the power of “Big Data”
- Exposure to marketing and/or healthcare a plus
- SQL and database experience helpful but not required
This role offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.