Marketing Events Manager at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
Are you a Marketing Events Manager who is interested in applying your superhero events management skills within a fast-growing tech company? We are OwnBackup and we are looking for an experienced events expert to join our high-performing team.
At OwnBackup, you’ll join a high-energy, cohesive team and have the opportunity to make a huge impact and accelerate growth. You will work collaboratively with multiple groups to drive success through key marketing events. You’ll research, build, and execute on an exciting international events calendar.
As Marketing Events Manager you will promote OwnBackup across the globe. The role requires a strong understanding of the demand generation campaign planning process and experience in campaign planning and tactic execution. You will coordinate and contribute to the planning and execution of company attendance at both external events and select internal events.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of company attendance at tradeshows and conferences of varying size and scale, from research and planning to logistics, execution and promotion
- Manage company-hosted events, including seminars, thought-leadership events, client events, and product road-shows
- Manage the Marketing Events Calendar, which includes coordinating and communicating with relevant stakeholders within the company
- Coordinate the distribution of new leads from events to the appropriate sales teams
- Track and manage deliverables to ensure all event deadlines are met across all departments
- Manage and report on budget for all Marketing-led events
- Gather and track ROI, engagement analytics and feedback to consistently assess opportunities for improvement
- Research and report on latest trends, technologies, and capabilities within the event planning industry
- Bachelor's Degree. Marketing or Economics preferred
- 3-6 years marketing event planning and management, including a minimum of 2 years with a SaaS product company.
- Experience developing, managing and executing plans for industry events
- Exceptional project management, budget management, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, global environment. Able to effectively manage competing priorities; think and act proactively, and creatively solve problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Google suite.
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.