Marketing Events & Operations Associate, Research at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Marketing Events & Operations Associate to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you’ll work within the Research Marketing team to help execute virtual and in-person events that support our goals to advance the field of real-world evidence in oncology. In addition, you’ll spearhead marketing operations to help our team run more efficiently and deliver on strategic objectives while helping to foster a culture of inclusion and continuous improvement. This position helps to play an important role in our mission for making research more inclusive, making healthcare more sustainable and improving R&D and access. Specific responsibilities include:
- Project managing and coordinating logistics for Research Marketing’s customer conference (300+ attendees), ongoing webinar series and presence at ASCO and other medical meetings
- Working cross-functionally with our Life Sciences, Partner Solutions, Communications, Brand and other teams to support content development and customer outreach for virtual and in-person events
- Managing vendor procurement & contracting, booth planning, registration management, production planning, F&B management, staff readiness, timeline management, etc.
- Serving as a liaison with event vendors such as logistics/production teams and managing decor, entertainment, transportation, restaurants, hotels, A/V production, transportation, etc.
- Serving as a thought partner for event-related digital materials for Flatiron-hosted events; such as conference registration websites, email communications, LinkedIn ads and more
- Liasing with external speakers that are taking part in in-person or virtual events, setting up and running prep meetings, etc.
- Oversight of budget planning, tracking, and post-event recap and ROI analyses
- Manage team operations by running team meetings, assisting with team budget tracking, plan team offsite events, maintain events tracker and assist with contact database management
Who You Are
You are a detail-oriented self-starter who is excited about leading coordination for our customer-facing events as well as supporting team operations. Ideally you have some experience working in healthcare or oncology space. In addition:
- You have 2-3 years of work experience in event marketing
- You have worked end-to-end on multiple in-person / virtual events ranging in size
- You have an interest in owning event marketing strategy, marketing communications, and event marketing responsibilities
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects in various stages
- You have attention to detail and follow through
- You are a team player who can take on smaller tasks while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- You have the ability to remain calm in deadline-driven, high pressure environments
- You have basic experience with marketing tools and analytics
- You have experience in healthcare / oncology conference planning or execution
- You have experience working on webinars or virtual events
- You have knowledge of Hubspot / Salesforce or other marketing automation / CRM systems
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.