Marketing Manager, ELA at Amplify (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify is seeking an enthusiastic, results-driven Marketing Manager, ELA to join our team. The Marketing Manager, ELA will support product marketing initiatives for our middle school and high school ELA programs.
The Marketing Manager role helps shape the voice of the product and contributes to the growth of a loyal customer base by drafting the positioning, developing messaging, completing in-depth competitive analyses, enabling the sales team, and working with Growth Marketing to drive campaigns across channels (digital, print, events).
The ideal candidate makes data-based decisions, collaborates well, communicates and writes effectively, and prioritizes to meet the needs of competing demands. This role reports to the Director, Core ELA Marketing and works cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Sales colleagues.
Responsibilities of the Marketing Manager:
- Assist in developing Go-to-Market (GTM) plans for Amplify ELA. Working closely with the Associate VP, Director, and cross-functional colleagues, this role will play a key role in building and executing comprehensive go-to-market plans for product launches and enhancements to help the sales team achieve revenue targets.
- Act as the voice of the customer to inform product development and marketing strategy. This role will develop a deep understanding of customer purchasing behaviors for core ELA curriculum, market trends, and the competitive landscape, distilling the information for internal groups as needed and using it to inform product development roadmaps and marketing strategy.
- Write and develop marketing collateral and sales resources. As part of the GTM plan, the marketing team supports the sales team in their efforts on the ground. This role will play a central role in the development of Amplify ELA materials to support the sales team. Examples include editing and writing one-pagers and long-form pieces (brochures, guides, FAQs), developing standardized pitch decks, distilling competitive research, creating product demos, and driving the development of other critical sales enablement tools.
- Build deep product expertise. The Marketing Manager will understand the product deeply, keep abreast of product development, and serve as a resource to the sales team on the Amplify ELA product line, building up the expertise to answer questions to guide the sales team in their conversations with customers.
- Develop print and digital sampling solutions. The Marketing Manager will contribute to the print and digital sampling strategy for Amplify ELA, creating and maintaining the Bill of Materials for sampling solutions such as stadium boxes and sample bags and supporting the Director, Core ELA Marketing in the development of digital and print reviewer materials.
- Champion the product roadmap. The Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally with Product Managers to internalize, inform, and communicate the product roadmap, including supporting product launches and creating internal and external tools to translate the value of new product features and new editions to the sales team and prospects.
- Partner with Growth Marketing to plan and execute marketing campaigns. The role will collaborate with the Growth Marketing team to drive Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) through acquisition channels, including playing a key role in setting campaign strategy and tactics, drafting creative content, and developing campaign copy (emails, landing pages, ads) for middle of funnel and bottom of funnel campaigns.
- Maintain Amplify ELA product pages on Amplify.com and internal Sales Hub. The marketing team is responsible for making sure that we have the latest and greatest messaging and materials available on the website and for the sales team to use. The role will be responsible for making sure that the website and sales portal are up to date and continuously optimized.
Basic Qualifications of the Marketing Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of marketing experience in education publishing or ed-tech
- Experience writing and editing marketing materials
- Experience coordinating and communicating between multiple stakeholders at varying levels of an organization
- Experience conducting research and organizing findings
Preferred Qualifications of the Marketing Manager:
- Prior success marketing middle school and/or high school programs, preferably core curriculum
- Experience marketing products to schools and districts
What we offer:\n\nSalary is only one component of the Amplify Total Rewards package, which includes a lucrative 401(k) plan, incentive stock options, competitive health insurance and mental health options, basic life insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and access to best-in-class development programs. The gross salary range for this role is $75,000 - $95,000.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.