Marketing Manager - Member Retention & Engagement
WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) is seeking a highly motivated Member Engagement and Retention professional to join the US Marketing team in New York. WW has over 2.8MM US members and is actively acquiring new customers (members and non-members) through various marketing programs, consumer product sales and experiences. Historically, the company's marketing engine has been focused on new member acquisition and there is tremendous opportunity in increasing our focus on our existing base. S/he will help change the way members engage with WW by increasing member engagement, success and retention.
This role will be responsible for defining the overall retention strategy for the US market (by far the largest market for WW), including lifecycle management, promotions, campaigns, creative and messaging to ensure members are continuing to engage with WW's products and services. This is a role for someone who has expertise in member marketing and can build a strategy, organization, roadmap, and KPIs to address this important area for the company. The ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative, efficient, analytical and driven to continually find ways to optimize and improve performance. They will also have experience in building marketing plans and communication that generate strong engagement and retention. The role will report to the Vice President of Digital & Member Marketing.
The Manager's responsibilities will cover the full scope of US customer lifecycle marketing including retention, CRM, rewards and loyalty. Building on recent work the WW team has done, one of the first tasks will be to articulate and build-out the post-acquisition customer experience. The Manager should have extensive experience building a roadmap for effective customer engagement leveraging content, experiences, and omni-channel touchpoints. Experience with subscription models is highly preferred; however, WW customers are not necessarily "members" and a balance of subscription and non-subscription is key.
- Be a hybrid strategic and hands-on leader that can, in collaboration with the various WW teams, design, build and evolve WW's customer engagement program
- Strategize and deliver compelling retention marketing initiatives and programs for the US Market
- Test and grow our recently launched loyalty program Wellness Wins to increase retention, driving strategy and testing various benefits and rewards for the US market. Collaborate with the Global team on key initiatives around Wellness Wins.
- Develop a member marketing scorecard with metrics that's updated regularly. Report on campaigns and constantly review metrics to determine what is working and what can be improved.
- Oversee and execute new initiatives to test, including plan development, execution and reporting of results
- Work collaboratively across all WW teams to accomplish goals. In particular:
- Collaborate with all WW markets, the US Marketing team and the Global Member Marketing team on strategies and tactics to bring member marketing to life in the US utilizing all channels including Brand, Digital, CRM, Field, Social & Influencers.
- Coordinate with the CRM team closely to manage and optimize email campaigns and push notification programs to drive engagement of existing members and retention efforts to combat churn
- In coordination with Call Center and Field teams, manage member engagement and retention efforts designed to encourage engagement and retention among Studio members, inclusive of on the ground experiential marketing programs
- In coordination with Product and Content teams, execute campaigns designed to increase personalization, engagement and retention on Member Website and Apps.
- Oversee segmentation of the database to establish the most effective targeting and personalization strategies
- Maintain, evaluate and analyze conversion measurements and performance reporting across various engagement metrics
- The Manager will build out a team structure to achieve organizational goals.
- Minimum of 6+ years working in retention marketing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communications skills, including ability to distill and relay data to a variety of audiences, including senior executives
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- A resourceful self-starter who is passionate about engaging customers and building a strong retention business.
- Comfortable with managing complexity and navigating ambiguity
- Experience in the Wellness space (nice to have)
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills - must be comfortable presenting to large audiences, capable of answering questions about data to top executives
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, with ability to multi-task changing priorities and projects
- Strong analytical skills and strong competency in Excel
- Able to create and present executive ready presentations in Powerpoint / Keynote
- Ability to constantly question assumptions and to determine when metrics are off and quickly bring to the attention of relevant individuals
- Experience working in corporate setting while having comfort with startup-like environment - experiment, fail fast, discern and share intelligence
- Eager to learn new technologies and drive innovation
- Experience developing marketing communications for consumers (i.e. creative development)
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.