Marketing Manager, Native at SmartAsset
SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
SmartAsset is looking for a numbers-driven Marketing Manager to help execute direct response, lead generation marketing initiatives across the web, specifically on native channels (including Outbrain, Taboola, Yahoo Gemini and others).
We are not looking for brand experts or blog writers. This person is first and foremost a performance marketer, with expertise in paid digital marketing platforms. Much of your time will be spent in marketing platforms, optimizing campaigns based on performance metrics such as CTR, CVR and CPA.
The right candidate has a sharp, quantitative mind, obsessed with achieving profitability and scale. You’re a student of behavioral psychology and operate a disciplined, quantitative testing regime. You spend your time brainstorming new marketing angles, on-page optimizations, ad copy and split tests. You’re an expert at Excel and data analysis.
You'll bring expertise in managing large digital budgets to hit profitability targets, preferably with a background in lead generation. A successful candidate should be a direct-response marketing expert, highly analytical, and committed to making data-driven decisions. The performance of every marketing dollar we spend is tracked and measured and you should have a successful record of scaling businesses accordingly.
- Oversee strategy and execution of ROI-positive lead generation campaigns that inspire consumers to engage with financial products and services online
- Manage performance on one or more native marketing platform
- Identify new opportunities to scale our content marketing initiatives profitably
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of direct response digital marketing experience, preferably on Taboola, Outbrain, Yahoo Gemini, Facebook or similar platforms
- Familiarity with key digital marketing concepts such as CPC, CPM, CTR, CVR, CPA
- Strong quantitative background
- Technically adept with a pulse on trends and innovations within adtech
- Ability to partner effectively with product management, ad operations and data engineering
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave