Marketing Manager at Deed
Turn a calling into your career. At Deed, we are shaping the future of social good through a combination of tech, design, and culture. Our products help people and companies create positive change by making it easy and fun to give back, while also connecting with others.
Deed’s award-winning social volunteering app is currently being used by tens of thousands of volunteers, helping over 1,000 nonprofit organizations fulfill their mission. Our enterprise platform enables brands to manage, track, analyze, and quantify the social impact of their employees, as well as their participating consumers. We are leading the path-to-purpose with trailblazers like adidas, Stripe, Sweetgreen and Timberland. And that roster is growing, so we are looking for people with big hearts, and big brains, to join our passionate crew.
You are an imaginative, motivated marketing leader who brings a successful track-record in developing and executing ambitious integrated campaigns across direct marketing, content marketing, partnerships, and social media. You have a strong eye for visual content, impeccable attention to detail, and sharp writing skills. You are a creative thinker and a proactive doer.
We seek an experienced, dynamic, and committed Marketing Manager to create strategies and execute multi-faceted campaigns to help Deed grow its client base - which is comprised of socially innovative and culturally relevant companies like adidas, Sweetgreen, and TimberlandWe are a small, flexible, growing team, so the ability to plan and multitask is critical. Being a startup, we pride ourselves on our creativity, resourcefulness, and strong work ethic to do more with less, and we are eagerly looking for more leaders/partners that share that ethos.
What you'll do
- Build out and implement multi-channel marketing plans (strategies and tactics)
- Establish Deed as a thought leader
- Collaborate cross-functionally (product, technology, and partner operations) to develop, launch, and grow successful integrated marketing campaigns
- Monitor and track campaigns success metrics; identify any action levers to improve performance
- Manage freelance writers, designers, and video editors
- Manage day-to-day marketing efforts
- Position Deed’s brand as innovative leaders in social impact space
- Maintain ongoing relationships with key partners, build coalition partnerships as needed
- Successful marketing track-record that includes growing traffic, visibility, partnerships
- Writing samples that show your crisp command of words for websites, email, or blogs
- Strong social media skills
- Highly skilled at SEO
- PR, agency, or journalism experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Results-oriented, analytical and quantitative mindset
- Demonstrated ability to thrive on a small, growing team
- Ability to work independently and lead small teams
- Graphic and web design capabilities preferred
- Nimble, quick problem-solver
- Proactive, motivated, positive attitude and sense of humor
- Performs well with competing priorities, multiple projects, and a virtual team
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-through with a collaborative working style
- Salary range: $70,000 - $80,000
- Equity range: 0% - .5%
- Help us change the world 💪
- Cool office in Greenpoint
- Opportunities for international travel (Berlin, Portland, San Francisco)
- Generous volunteering policy
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health insurance
Our Team’s Culture & Benefits
At Deed, our ambition is to change the world for the better. Which means that we have high expectations of one another, and ourselves. The work is challenging, fast-paced, and sometimes it extends beyond a 40 hour week. And yet, it works because we always have each other’s backs, and we always offer the flexibility to make daily choices that ensure we are sound in mind, body, and spirit.
A diverse and inclusive workplace is also an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives because that is how we best learn. From an operational perspective, our benefits include comprehensive health as well as professional development. All of this is to say that in order to do the best work of our lives, we understand that it begins with us – the people who work at Deed. If you are still enthusiastic after reading this, we’d love to meet and see if we’re right for one another.
Deed is an equal opportunity employer.