Media Negotiator at HomeAdvisor
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and data-driven media professional to help build and be a part of a world-class media team. The Media Negotiator will work closely with Director of Offline Buying to purchase TV (Linear & Streaming) and Radio (Terrestrial & Streaming) for HomeAdvisor & Angie’s List. This role will be based out of New York City.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Negotiate, purchase, maintain, and steward video media buys, focusing on Direct Response TV
- Gather rates, construct media buys in MediaOcean buying system, and send schedules
- Serve as market expert, providing insight to the marketplace conditions and opportunities in specific markets or media outlets
- Ongoing communication with sales representatives to promote strong relationships and negotiate to maintain or improve the buys
- Implement revisions to the buys as directed by campaign performance
- Build partnership with the strategy team to apply marketplace pricing & trends to media strategy
- Maintain confirmation of purchase, schedules, budgets, and reconciliation of network billing
- Meet all due dates for buys, post analyses, and assigned projects
- Work closely with Director to organize workflow and help team set up project deadlines to achieve all timelines
- Opportunity to help build, train, and oversee Assistant Video Investors as the team grows
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years of experience working in a fast-paced media agency, negotiating TV dayparts, specifically Direct Response TV, upfront TV, and Online Video
- Proven success working on client with large TV media budgets with high performance expectations
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills
- Effective collaborator and team-player
- Excellent communicator, with strong time management, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Media Ocean software (Prisma, MBOX) preferred
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.