ABOUT THE TEAM
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, and we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. Our inaugural product – The Daily Skimm – is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, with an engaged community of well over 6 million active subscribers and an industry-crushing open rate. Our suite of products has grown with the launch of Skimm Ahead, which debuted as #1 in news and #9 overall in the Apple App Store. It syncs directly with your calendar and informs you of important events you don't want to miss. It also has an audio experience that goes deeper on the topics you’re always reading about. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
The sales team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, resourceful, hustlers who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands and clients we partner with. We’re seeking an energetic Media Planner, who is eager to dive and and help our growing media business by working with sales, operations, analytics, and marketing on pre sales strategy and RFP responses.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
The role will support our sales team by working directly with our Account Executives to establish and grow revenue-generating accounts in all pre-sales related activities. Job duties include:
- Managing the completion of all request for proposals (RFPs) in a timely and detailed oriented manner
- Strategize in partnership with Account Executive to grow existing customer base in response to RFPs
- Communicate all aspects of campaign components to relevant internal stakeholders
- Partner closely with Integrated Marketing, Editorial, and Ops to gain internal approval and production development timelines
- Partner closely with Sales Operations team to monitor creative implementation and flawless execution
- Build customer relationships, acting as day-to-day point of contact during post-sales cycle in conjunction with Sale Ops Team
- Analyze and track data for campaign effectiveness working alongside Operations and Analytics team
- Conduct regular scheduled conference calls to communicate contracted deliverables and progress to customers’ goals and provide optimization recommendations alongside Sales Ops
- Communicate performance metrics achieved at the end of each campaign
- Coordinating with the GSD team on all sales related contracts to ensure compliance and payment of each campaign.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 2+ years of experience in Media or Sales planning, ideally at a digital media company or digital ad agency
- Technical Skills required to build media plans, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, and Salesforce
- An ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Relentlessly high standards, an extreme eye for detail, and a track record for attaining results.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically simultaneously.
- Ability to aggregate and analyze internal and external metrics to assess performance drivers and identify actionable insights.
- Bachelor of Arts, Marketing or Advertising focus preferred.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products
- Keen interest in Digital Media and anything related to new media and technology
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability (starting day one)
- $400 annual gym reimbursement
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Catered lunch on Fridays
- Snacks, coldbrew on tap, and lunch on Fridays
- Collaborative office space and roof deck