Media Relations Associate at Policygenius
About the role….
The Media Relations Associate will play a key role in helping the media relations team drive press coverage for Policygenius. You’ll be putting together media collateral, pitching company news and expert interviews to reporters, helping come up with innovative ways to get our expertise in front of more eyes, and jumping in to help however you can. This role will report to the Associate Director of Media Relations.
In this role, you will…
- Identify media opportunities and secure coverage for Policygenius in all types of media, including broadcast, print and digital channels
- Research and create targeted media lists and update them on a regular basis
- Craft pitches, interview briefing sheets and other media collateral
- Alert the media relations team to opportunities to pitch Policygenius expertise in the current news cycle
- Develop and manage relationships with journalists, partners and other external contacts
- Help identify media opportunities and speaking engagements for our team of in-house experts
- Manage deadlines and a dynamic schedule, while adjusting priorities on the fly
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 2+ years experience in PR, journalism, or communications; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- You have excellent writing skills (knowledge of AP style is a definite plus)
- You have an understanding of media and how to pitch to reporters
- You have a keen instinct for recognizing pitching angles that aren’t immediately obvious as well as knowing which reporters should be included on a pitch media list
- You have extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- You have knowledge of personal finance fundamentals (or a desire to learn them!)
- You are excited about joining a fast-growing startup!
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!