Media Strategist, Paid Social - Unfold at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a social strategist to join our Media & Acquisition team to help us accelerate growth for Unfold, our newest acquisition. This role will be responsible for accelerating Unfold’s rapid growth by using paid media to acquire new customers. The ideal candidate has expertise in mobile app advertising on social platforms, takes a data-driven approach to media buying and has solid marketing acumen. They should be eager to partner with the Unfold team to bring their product to new audiences. This role requires you to be scrappy and move fast as well as leverage Squarespace’s resources and best practices to achieve scale. If you are passionate about social advertising, excited by a mobile-first approach to acquisition, devoted to flawless execution, and motivated to continuously improve-- we’d love to meet you.
This role is based in our headquarters in New York and reports to the Paid Social Team Manager.
- Partner with Unfold leadership to build a social acquisition strategy that aligns with their product roadmap and vision to acquire new users
- Directly manage the Unfold acquisition campaign across social platforms, with a focus on mobile-first partners
- Work with Creative to develop and test engaging and innovative social content
- Collaborate with Marketing stakeholders to cross-promote and upsell the Unfold offering within Squarespace’s current product lineup and customer base
- Build the measurement, tracking, reporting infrastructure necessary to run ROI-focused social acquisition campaigns
- Partner with Finance and Analytics to forecast and measure the impact of Unfold’s social acquisition program on Squarespace’s business
- 3-5 years experience in paid user acquisition, mobile marketing, and media buying at a fast-growing startup or agency environment
- Expertise in planning and managing paid social advertising campaigns focused on performance and delivering positive ROI; expertise in Instagram stories
- Experience driving acquisition for a native mobile app, including a strong understanding of the mobile measurement ecosystem
- Data-driven mindset; you should be comfortable working in a variety of BI and spreadsheet tools to manipulate data and measure campaign effectiveness
- Experience working with Creative teams to develop and test innovative social content
- Ability to work autonomously to turn high-level marketing priorities into a tactical media plan
- Demonstrated success collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to create plans and solve problems
Unfold helps anyone create beautiful stories for social platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat. Users can choose from a series of template collections like Film Frames, Ripped Paper and more. Used by influencers like Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, and Miley Cyrus, and brands like Apple, Forbes, and Prada, Unfold has over 26 million users who have created over 700 million stories. Unfold has recently joined the Squarespace family and is headquartered in New York City.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.