Paid Search Manager at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about driving growth through search engine marketing
As the Paid Search Manager, you will join a growing Marketing team that is focused on driving revenue growth through top of funnel marketing channels and paid media sources. The team is highly analytical and data driven, with a wide breadth of digital advertising experience, fundamentally growing and upleveling DigitalOcean’s approach to digital advertising. You will own the SEM channel, making strategic decisions that drive new user growth, leading to ROI-positive revenue growth. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, demonstrating strong attention to detail, and have the ability to work and learn in a fast-paced, complex and ever-changing environment.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ability to own large paid media budgets driving positive return on investment goals
- Independently manage and create measurable paid search strategies across Google Ads and Bing Ads, including but not limited to: optimizing account structure, keyword research and bidding, ad copy creation, and reporting
- Build and maintain a creative A|B testing process to improve click-thru rates and conversion rates across the channel
- Implement strategic experiments to support business goals, including ideation, design, implementation and readouts.
- Analyze campaign performance data to develop deep channel insights and business recommendations
- Lead new strategy formation on the channel supporting company and team goals
- Collaborate with brand, product marketing, content and website teams to maintain consistent voice and message within creative assets
- Work closely with marketing analytics & operations on pixel implementation, technology integrations and ensuring conversion events and goals fire properly
- Identify and create custom audience groups with 1st party data and website audience lists
- Present strategy, learnings and recommendations to leadership
- Improve tools, processes and standard operating procedures, leveraging automation to improve productivity
- Serves as subject matter expert bringing innovative opportunities to maximize media spend
- Research and utilize SEM industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategy and expand the channel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related fields
- 4+ years experience in in paid search strategy, campaign management and optimization, and budget management
- Implementation experience for internal advertising tools
- Proven track record of increasing ROI while driving revenue at scale
- Ability to generate reports on key performance metrics and clearly communicate the results
- Team player with a strong focus on cross-collaboration
- Proactive communication skills and ability to articulate plans and goals
- Understanding of SaaS-based business models, including concepts around monthly recurring revenue and pay-back periods
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience with Display and YouTube advertising a bonus
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!